"Game isn't installed correctly" when trying to start the game
#1 14-08-2020 
  • Registered
I've been getting this message when trying to start the sims 2 for a few days, all of a sudden. "The Sims 2 isn't installed correctly. Please install or reinstall." Before that everything worked fine. I only downloaded a bit of CC that day. I already testet the cache files, the new CC, reinstalled the base game and EP9 but it still won't start.
I have all EPs, play on Disk with Windows 8
Can somebody help?

#2 15-08-2020 
If you're on disks - you can't just reinstall a few disks. You have to completely uninstall everything. Clean your registry - completely. Then reinstall. That's why reinstalling should always be a last resort (esp when using the disks.) Also make sure you have all the patches in place after each installation.

Kiri has a great tutorial on reinstalling from disks - lemme see if I can find it...
Here ya go: Setting up Sims2
This tute isn't quite what I remembered nor exactly what you're asking for - it is: "The goal of these tutorials is to give a detailed explanation of how to set up the game with a minimum of EA sims, and a maximum of ours." Which you may find interesting. If not - meh - chuck it. But, the info may still be helpful Wink
I'm not sure exactly what you know and what you don't.
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2020 07:11 PM by CatherineTCJD.)

#3 15-08-2020 
  • Registered
Thanks for the help!! I just wanna know if reinstalling is really the only thing I can do? I've used those disks so many times, like it's risky

#4 16-08-2020 
I think, since you've already tried reinstalling bits and pieces (by that I mean the first and last, and not all the in between) that you've probably corrupted your registry. Which, if I remember right, is easy to do with the disks - and securom - and patches...
So - that's what I'd do, if it were me. Uninstall it all. Clean my registry. Then do a clean install. THEN, (if you follow Kiri's advice in the link I posted) make your back-ups and everything, you won't ever have to do another install again. Well... unless you get a new machine.
Good luck! Wink

#5 16-08-2020 
  • Registered
@CatherineTCJD ok thanks guess I'll do that then D:

Sorry, that is a members only option