sims 2 says I have a Nvidia card. I have a Radeon
#1 20-08-2020 
  • Registered
so I recently had to reset my copy of windows 10 on my pc. I used graphics rules maker and had a graphical glitch I've never had before. whenever I build on a lot, save, and exit to the neighborhood. My lot looks weird. so i went digging to find the problem. One thing i cam across is that my config-log file says I have a Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX. I have a Radeon rx 5500xt. I built this pc myself trust me I have no other graphics cards. I have run the sims 2 ultimate collection on this pc just fine before with my correct graphics card being logged in the config file. I don't know if the graphical problem I'm having could be something to do with the fact it's not recognizing my card at all.Has anyone ever had this happen before? If so what should I do?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  KC-DESKTOP-config-log.txt (Size: 13.97 KB / Downloads: 269)
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2020 05:10 PM by Kctrip87.)

#2 20-08-2020 
Try editing the video cards.sgr manually, adding in your card. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6882

#3 21-08-2020 
  • Registered
I'm sorry, I suppose I didn't really explain. I ran the graphics rules maker so it added my card to the video cards sgr. I have gone in and checked it my card it there. However when I start the game it still says I have that Nvidia. The graphics rules maker recognizes only my actual card though.

#4 21-08-2020 
The GRM can make mistakes... try doing it by hand like HL suggested - and see if it helps. Have you looked at the file? (Not through the GRM interface, I mean)

#5 24-09-2020 
  • Registered
Hello

Did you manage to fix this? I have Recently installed Sims 2 and I have the exact same graphics problem making my game unplayable. Googled and found this thread and I seem to have the same cause as you. I did the GRM-thing when I installed so my Radeon 5500XT-card is listed in the Video cards.sgr already but STILL my config log says I have a Nvidia card. How do I change The config-file?

#6 24-09-2020 
Hi Netza,
Did you do what HL suggested above?
(20-08-2020 06:47 PM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  Try editing the video cards.sgr manually, adding in your card. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6882

And, can you attach your log file please.

#7 24-09-2020 
(24-09-2020 11:27 AM)netza Wrote:  How do I change The config-file?

You don't! You change the VideoCards.sgr and GRaphics Rules.sgr files, and the GAME then changes the config file to show you what it found!

#8 24-09-2020 
  • Registered
Did you by any chance use the D9VK/DXVK solution to try and fix the graphical issue you had? This method forces your config to register the Nvidia 7800 GTX as your video card regardless of what your actual video card is. My config says the same and my video card is a Radeon RX 5700. My game runs fine so far.

#9 18-10-2020 
  • Registered
I have the exactly same problem. My game started suddenly flash purple (the whole neighborhood). That was the first time I ever experienced purple flashing on my computer so I tried to solve it. I have 4gb patch + all other things working fine. Only thing I could find out was that config-log tells me I have NVIDIA 7800 GTX, even I have NVIDIA GeForce 1030.

ReiraKurenai, I am not the original poster, but I do use DXVK solution. I have it for the ReShade. DXVK was the only way to make ReShade working. So perhaps I should reinstall ReShade and DXVK if I want flashing to stop and my graphic card recognized. Before DXVK and ReShade I never once had purple flashing. Too bad though, I liked ReShade, but it is not worth this.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option