sims2 #1
This is a complete overhaul for the SimCity telephone network...
Most people may decide that they don't need this mod. Most of what it does can be achieved by using multiple mods from other authors. I can't object to that notion: for the most part these people are absolutely right! Not entirely, though...
However, I found it made sense (at least for my own downloads folder) to include all of it in one package, especially since it all ties into this one telephone system. And since it exists, why not upload it for other people's convenience as well?

Here's what it contains:
  • A slightly enhanced hybrid of Cyjon's CallNPCs and Paladin's FreeTime-PhoneBookFix.
  • An enhanced version of Cyjon's NightCalling (which in turn is based off of faiuwle's ServosDontSleep).
  • Cyjon's NicerPhoneMessages.
  • My own PhoneCheckFix to overcome a bug in Pescado's phonehack.
What does it do?
  • Paladin's phonebookfix failed to filter out certain AL-related NPCs, while Cyjon's CallNPCs was a little less specific with the pre AL NPCs. I took the best of both worlds and merged them into one.
  • Faiuwle's mod simply allowed people to call servos at ANY time of the day or night. Cyjon based his NightCalling off of that, adding Plantsims and Werewolves to the list, while also including that Vampires sleep during the day, in stead of at night. I went one step further, assuming that Witches will use their Thrones, and therefor need not sleep either.
  • Cyjon's NicerPhoneMessages is great as it is, except for a conflict with Paladin's PhoneBookFix. I've just included it for completeness, and made them work together (thanks to arathea for pointing out that conflict ). It makes the messages you recieve when someone isn't home a lot nicer and - where possible - includes at which time it makes sense to try and reach them instead.
  • My PhoneCheckFix. Like NicerPhoneMessages, merely added for completeness, to overcome a bug in Pescado's phonehack.
Compatibility:

This mod should be compatible with ALL game versions, regardless of EPs/SPs installed. With the exception of Pescado's phonehack, any version of the mods mentioned above can be removed when you install this mod. Pescado's phonehack - if present - must load BEFORE this one.

As arathea discovered, apparently, Squinge's StopInvitingMe-Downtown will stop functioning once you use this mod. I suggest getting Cyjon's NoRandomCalls-DatingsOutings to solve that issue. That's the one that I use, and it works great!

Update: an alternative version is now available, that allows the BV masseur/masseuse to show up in the phonebook as well. If you want to be able to call these people, download v1.1, please!

Update Jan-27, 2011: Found and fixed a bug, where if you called someone who wasn't at home, a family member would erroneously thank you for inviting them over, in stead of telling you when the target would be home. Everyone is advised to download the new version 1.2! (Also allows calling the BV masseur/masseuse.)

Credits:
Thanks to Paladin for his PhoneBookFix.
Thanks to faiuwle for his original idea of ServosDontSleep.
Thanks also to Cyjon for CallNPCs, NightCalling and NicerPhoneMessages.
Also, special thanks to the folks who submitted translations to Cyjon for inclusion in NicerPhoneMessages. Thanks to these people, we get nicer messages in Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
And finally, also thanks to J.M.Pescado. Because, bug or no bug, his phonehack is a great help.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Phone Make-over Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 20.14 KB | File Name BO - Phone Make-over v1.2.zip | # of Downloads 3,435
File Updated 27-01-2011

Comments
#5 11-11-2011
Ooj, no, I can imagine that Chris' NPCs will not be available with this mod...

The problem is, since the Nurses aren't official EAxis NPCs, I don't know anything about them. And I hope you're not expecting me to install Chris' mod, *only* to find out what NPC-number he's used for his Nurses.

But if you, or anyone else, can tell me how these Nurses can be recognized, code-wise, I'm glad to incorporate them into the list.

Did you run Paladin's HCDU to find out which conflicts there are with Chris' mod and Phone Make-over installed??

#6 11-11-2011
  • za1susi

HCDU doesn`t show a conflict between this two mods.

How can I help to find their code?

#7 11-11-2011
No conflict? That's not so good in this case. If there had been a BCON conflict, as I hoped, then you could have checked the problem BCON in Chris' mod to see what number his Nurses have there.
And if there had been a conflict in a BHAV, one could have checked that BHAV to find out how the Nurses could be recognized.

But with no conflict, I suppose he didn't register them in the NPCs list at all. I have no clue how to find them now. Sorry, za1susi. I have no idea about how to solve this problem...

#8 11-11-2011
  • za1susi

That´s no problem for me.

Thank you for trying to help.

Sorry, that is a members only option