im on my knees. please help me,,
#1 05-09-2020 
  • Registered
hey there guys! i'm a very new user to this website, i'm alaisia! but this isn't really an introduction file, so i'll skip to the important stuff to save everyone's time

so, i recently got a new computer perhaps 3 weeks ago. i was excited, but i knew from the jump that well, sims 2 is gonna be severely messed up on windows 10. and well, to no surprise, here i am.

i have done everything, i've followed the youtube tutorials on how to fix the pink flashing and crashing? i've done the 4gb patch, i've done dxdiag, i've constantly switched my texture memory to match my approx total memory (which is 24275), i even read a thread up here that the texture memory can't be too low or too high... i saw someone suggest we should set it to 11203 too... i'm going to link an imgur thread of what's going on in my game.

i even followed a checklist on a google doc to fix the problem....

there are times where the pink flashing stops and then it randomly appears, i get randomly incorrect thumbnail pictures for families, community lots, etc... ifor the thumbnails, i read that we should delete the thumbnails in the game files because they refresh, which i did. it's still not working.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-LFTQM06-config-log.txt (Size: 10.63 KB / Downloads: 289)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 119.04 KB / Downloads: 475)

#2 20-09-2020 
From your pictures, I see you're using the Clean UI, have you tested if it works without that? Also do you have other huge mods like for example lighting mod or criquette's better night life, Pineapple5050's TS2CustomPostEffect mod or such? Those use shaders and those can cause pink flashing if your computer can't handle them so I'd try that first to see if it perhaps has to do with that.

From your log; you could set your texture memory higher, your dxdiag shows you have 24275 MB of display memory, so you could easily set it to for example 4096mb (so 4GB) currently you've given it only 1700mb.

#3 21-09-2020 
I would even suggest setting display memory to 8192 (8GB). That would use up all the 8010MB of dedicated memory (which cannot be used for anything else anyway) plus 182MB of the shared memory (of which there is more than enough).

#4 21-09-2020 
There is a discrepancy between your 2 logs...
DXDiag says you have this card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design (with 8192 MB max memory)
TS2 says you're using this one: GeForce 7800 GTX (which is ancient, 2005, 256 MB memory)

I'd say - TS2 isn't recognizing the card you want it to use. You need to fix that first. Good Luck Big Grin

#5 21-09-2020 
(21-09-2020 03:25 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  There is a discrepancy between your 2 logs...
I'd say - TS2 isn't recognizing the card you want it to use. You need to fix that first. Good Luck

That's a VERY good catch... Both Digi and I have totally overlooked this important fact!!

#6 21-09-2020 
(21-09-2020 03:25 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  There is a discrepancy between your 2 logs...
DXDiag says you have this card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design (with 8192 MB max memory)
TS2 says you're using this one: GeForce 7800 GTX (which is ancient, 2005, 256 MB memory)

I'd say - TS2 isn't recognizing the card you want it to use. You need to fix that first. Good Luck Big Grin
Oh wow, I completely missed that part! O.o That definitely would be the biggest problem here.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option