Lots of Lots, lots of testing...the hated testing.
#11 04-10-2020 
I'm loving all your builds!

#12 07-10-2020 
These are really super nice! Thanks again! I've downloaded a lot of them and I'm playing with and in your lots with my Sims, as of lately. ^_^

#13 07-10-2020 
(07-10-2020 12:39 AM)poisson Wrote:  These are really super nice! Thanks again! I've downloaded a lot of them and I'm playing with and in your lots with my Sims, as of lately. ^_^
Cool, and thanks.

#14 22-11-2020 
While I feel like tinkering a little tonight, I don't feel like getting into anything heavy, so I'll just post some more pics of WIPs. These should be all of the remainder of them.

There's an ultra-modern in Beverly Hills called the Oak Pass Mansion. It's huge, in my opinion far too big to ever be done as a Sims Lot. It's one of those RamboRocky types of houses, lol. But it does have a doable guest house, and I made it a few years ago. It's done, except the bedrooms need a little more furniture and I don't know what to do with the open lawn area. I'm kind of tired of putting a swimming pool into every yard, but I don't know what else would fit with these types of upscale houses. I'm open to suggestions. I've already uploaded at least a couple of Lots where I just left a large lawn area unused, for players to do with whatever they want.
Anyway, there are a lot of pictures and floorplans for both the Oak Pass main house and this guest house online, if anyone is interested.
So here's the guest house. It includes a modernized barn and is based on online floorplans and pictures, somewhat Simmified, of course:
[Image: Oak-Pass-Guesthouse-Ext1.jpg]

[Image: Oak-Pass-Guesthouse-Ext2.jpg]

[Image: Oak-Pass-Guesthouse-Ext3.jpg]

#15 22-11-2020 
Next is one that's essentially done, except I want to rebuild it after I've learned to use Mootilda's Grid adjuster. It is a rendition of a real-life house by Argentine architect Luciano Kruk, who mainly designs Brutalist residentials (my favorite). Kruk's Houses are ones where I would use this special set of fences Michelle made for me a couple of months ago. Many of his houses would require using the Grid Adjuster, because they have decks or entrances that sit only a step or two off the ground where the normal Maxis foundations wouldn't work. Tiggy's Metro Windows should also work well with Kruk's houses.
Such is the case with this small one, where the wood deck just doesn't look right laying right on the ground:
[Image: Kruk-CASAH3-Ext1.jpg]

[Image: Kruk-CASAH3-Ext2.jpg]

[Image: Kruk-CASAH3-Ext3.jpg]

[Image: Kruk.jpg]

#16 22-11-2020 
Cobblestone Towers is a HUGE apartment house, loosely based on an upscale apartment house in Brooklyn Heights, New York City. 22 apartments on six floors, all with different layouts. I ended up using all but a few dozen of the maximum number of wall segments that can be used for a Lot. This will definitely tax your computer - which is interesting, because I have no problems running this Lot on my 12-year-old Win7 machine with only has 4MB of RAM. Of course, the Lot is only sitting in my otherwise mostly empty build hood, not in an actual hood that is being gamed. It's a little slow right after the Lot loads, but once I've zoomed around once or twice, there's no problems.
What's unique about this building is that about half the apartments have entrances at the terraces at the front of the building. Apartment sizes range from smaller 1 bedrooms to 4 bedroom units that occupy half a floor.
I can't say that this will ever actually be uploaded, since I only tinker with it on and off:
[Image: Cobblestone-Towers-Ext1.jpg]

[Image: Cobblestone-Towers-Ext2.jpg]

Here's a sample floor, although they're all different. The right side of the building has a large, 4 bedroom unit, while the left rear is a small 1 bedroom and left front a 2 bedroom:
[Image: Cobblestone-Towers-Int1.jpg]

#17 22-11-2020 
Another apartment Lot, I haven't named this one yet. Unique because all of the 24 apartments are identical, tiny 3x9 units, which nevertheless will contain a full kitchen, full bath and a small sleeping/living area. Each of the three apartment buildings has a small central courtyard with a tree.
The idea is to make the computer residents use the large common area building for their needs. That large building so far has an indoor swimming pool, gym, billiards room, card table room, music room and restrooms. I still plan on adding a restaurant and nightclub on the top floor, although I first need to familiarize myself with the Sims' behaviors in those areas. This is also something I only tinker with from time to time:
[Image: Small-Apts-Ext1.jpg]

#18 22-11-2020 
"Monsanto - House of the Future" was a concept house exhibited at Disneyland during the 1960s. This Lot would require a large lot with extensive landscaping to make it look right, in my opinion.
The interior layout actually worked out very well, after considerable trial and error and many adjustments. The four quadrants of the house contain the four living spaces, namely, kitchen/dining, living room, and two bedrooms. In the center is the roomy full bathroom with sink, shower tub and separate toilet stall. I at first also included a small office next to the bathroom, but have changed that to an ensuite three-quarter bath for the main bedroom:
[Image: Monsanto-House-Ext1.jpg]

[Image: monsantohouseofthefuture1-1.jpg]

#19 22-11-2020 
Another as yet unnamed futuristic-type of house is again in the Brutalist style. This is loosely based on something I saw on the 'net. It would normally be positioned on a downsloping hillside. The red-colored wall would be the part that would be against the hillside:
[Image: Concept-House-Ext1.jpg]

[Image: Concept-House-Ext2.jpg]

#20 22-11-2020 
Like many of the preceding houses, this next one I started years ago, then abandoned it (the windows are still red from not having had CEP installed, lol). It's also based on a real house that I have pictures of in a book somewhere. I call it Bridge House, because it bridges across a stream or pond. This is another one that would have to be placed on a sizeable lot with much landscaping to make it look right. Might also use the Grid Adjuster on this. I think I will get back to this:
[Image: Bridge-House-Ext2.jpg]

[Image: Bridge-House-Ext1.jpg]

Sorry, that is a members only option