Lots of Lots, lots of testing...the hated testing.
#21 22-11-2020 
This next one is a very accurate rendition of Frank Lloyd Wright's Millard House, which is located in Pasadena, CA. Many pictures, including floorplans, are on the 'net. This was one of 4 houses Wright built in the 1920s in the Los Angeles area (Hollywood Hills pretty much), using 16" square poured concrete blocks, uniquely patterned for each house. A few years ago, a fellow simmer replicated the pattern for this house for me as a wall covering.
One of the defining features of this house are the unique windows, which are actually perforated concrete blocks. Needless to say, no one has ever made windows like this for the Sims. So in order to finish this house, I would need someone to make those special windows, as well as probably a few other things, like one or two additional wall patterns.
I would also try to rebuild the entire house using the Grid adjuster, since the Maxis foundations do cause some issues:
[Image: FLWMillard-Ext1.jpg]

[Image: FLWMillard-Ext2.jpg]

The darker crosses in this picture are actually perforated blocks that are windows:
[Image: Millard-Ext-Entrance-Detail-01.jpg]

[Image: Millard-Ext-Rear-12.jpg]

Here's what some of those windows look like from the inside:
[Image: Millard-Int-Bed-Main-05.jpg]

[Image: Millard-Int-Bath-01.jpg]

[Image: Millard-Int-Living-05.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2020 11:57 PM by ScaryRob.)

#22 22-11-2020 
Ooooh! Nice! You've got some work to do - finishing all those up will take a bit of work. Have fun with that Tongue

I'm really happy that you're going to use the grid-adjuster - it will solve a lot of the issues you mentioned. If you get stuck using it, give me a holler and I'll see if I can help (...not that I know everything there is to know about it - but sometimes a fresh set of eyes can help figure things out! I'm still fighting with it too.) Smile

I really like the Monsanto one (I've thought of doing that one on-and-off through the years.)
And the 'Bridge House' one - I did a similar house - vintage '50s/Jetson style; it's done except for the landscaping *ugh* I'm terrible at that Confused
You are nailing the Brutalist style - great work! Big Grin

#23 22-11-2020 
(22-11-2020 05:30 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  Ooooh! Nice! You've got some work to do - finishing all those up will take a bit of work. Have fun with that Tongue

Since starting this thread a few weeks ago, I've finished, tested and uploaded several of the houses I posted earlier. So I'm making headway.

I tinkered with the Grid Adjuster one day a few years ago, so I'm not totally new to it, but man did it seem like a PITA. It probably isn't too bad if you're just making a square or rectangular box, but with a complicated floorplan...frankly not looking forward to that. That's why I've been procrastinating getting into it.

#24 22-11-2020 
LOL! Yeah Wink Don't forget to count the sidewalk and road in the front (so the sidewalk is sq 10) and, I count the lines, not the blocks (I find that less confusing.)
Good luck!
I've been no-sloping the basements on all my 1920's houses - wow what a PITA that is! But, it looks so much nicer without all the hood view distortion caused by 'dug-out' basements.

#25 23-11-2020 
(22-11-2020 05:30 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  I'm really happy that you're going to use the grid-adjuster - it will solve a lot of the issues you mentioned. If you get stuck using it, give me a holler and I'll see if I can help (...not that I know everything there is to know about it - but sometimes a fresh set of eyes can help figure things out! I'm still fighting with it too.) Smile

I already had you in mind in case I get stuck - so thanks for the offer just as well. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option