sims2 #1
This is a mod I mainly made for my own use. But when I mentioned it on Simbology, people wanted to know where to get it. It's a compilation containing:
  • Cyjon's DanceNearStereo and NoHomeBuskers
  • Dizzy's Hula, Slap dance and Smustle fixes
  • Marhis' TipJarPickup mod
  • TwoJeffs' BuskerTippingHack.
This works miracles:
  • No autonomous Hula, Slap-dance or Smustle. And if these dances are performed, it must be NEAR the stereo.
  • No autonomous performances at home lots.
  • No endless waiting for sims to pick up their tipjar...
  • Tippers move on after dropping their cash.

And nothing is keeping you from combining this with Cyjon's PracticePerformChanges, so you also get:
  • No autonomous use of the instruments in Dorms, unless a playable is already performing, in which case dormies will JOIN.
  • All other goodness that comes from PracticePerformChanges (of course).
For now, I've set the requirement to Bon Voyage, but maybe this mod will even behave well with less. On the other hand, perhaps it would cause problems if you don't have at least FreeTime. Although I doubt that. Please let me know if you run into issues, and I'll investigate.

Credits: this mod wouldn't exist, if it weren't for the work that Cyjon, Dizzy, Marhis and TwoJeffs have done. I just put them all in one package, and maybe solved some minor conflicts which probably could have been settled with load order. I deserve no credit for this.

Update, July 23rd, 2011: Plugged a hole in the smustle, hula and slap dance routines, so autonomy should now TRULY be stopped Smile Thank you, Sleepy, for reporting this issue.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Music & Dance Fixes Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 1.84 KB | File Name BO - Music & Dance Fixes.zip | # of Downloads 2,139
File Updated 23-07-2011

Comments
#21 08-03-2015
  • Registered
Will this mod conflict with other mods that affect the Hula, Slap dance and Smustle behaviors in the vacation 'hoods? Such as Pescado's 'antivacationactions' mod or yours by a similar name?

Edited:

HCDU did report both mods conflicting with each other. It's a matter of choosing one or the other. Thank you for this mod by the way.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 05:19 PM by Storme_87.)

#22 08-03-2015
Really, I can't say for certain. I have never used Pescado's mod, because I have my own version of Anti-Vacation-Actions, which *does* have some conflicts with this mod. But I made sure that they work well together, conflict or no conflict. And so far, in over three years since its release, nobody has reported any big issues. So maybe HCDU is right, and there is no problem.

But if you want to be really sure, have you considered making a backup of your game and then just trying to run it and see what happens? Worst case scenario, you may need to restore the backup and switch the load order.

#23 08-03-2015
  • Registered
That is true. I decided to take out Pescado's 'antivacationactions' mod in favor of this one. His mod does prevent the vacation locals from going to other vacation hoods and using their own actions. I'm willing to see what happens when I play my family who's currently vacationing in "China".

Thank you for your feedback.

#24 08-03-2015
Hi, @Storme_87, you're welcome. I'm amazed at how my mods still attract new downloaders, even after all this time.

If you take the MDF version of my vacation-actions mod, and make sure that that one loads AFTER this one, you'll find that they work together perfectly. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option