sims2 #1
This mod was initially created in response to a request by ZephyrZodiac. And then it grew and grew...

[Image: thumb640x480]

UPDATE September 24th, 2011

Here's the latest: BO - Alien Experiments v1.7!!

When your sim is abducted by Aliens, (s)he can now suffer any ONE of the following effects:
  • Become pregnant
  • Become a Witch/Warlock (all alignments separately configurable) or be cured of Witchery
  • Become a Plantsim or be cured of Plantsimism
  • Become a Werewolf or be cured of Lycanthropy
  • Become a Vampire or be cured of Vampirism
  • Become a Zombie or be cured of Zombiism (Servo's are excluded since they're not supposed to die)
  • Have their gender preference reversed
  • Have their personality reversed (as with an imperfect resurrection, includes substantial skill loss)
  • Have their personality scrambled (somewhat random), with substantial skill loss
  • Suffer Amnesia as if an Evil Witch cast the "Tabula Rasa" spell on them (No AL required for this one!)
  • Have Comfort - and possibly one other Motive - drained.
  • Be Electrocuted. Electrocution KILLS the sim, but they will immediately be ressurrected: 50% change to return normal, 33% chance to return altered, 17% chance to return as a zombie! When a Zombie is Electrocuted, nothing happens! Smile
  • Recieve a Permanent Gender Change token, or have it taken away. This requires P4A - ALien Trigger Override v1.25.
  • Have nothing happen at all
You have full control over the probability for each effect to happen to your sim. Chances can be entered in the 'Experiment Probability' BCON, and can be different for males and females. Just set the probability for a certain effect to 0 (zero) and it will never occur.
All the options for one specific gender may never total more than 100%, of course.

Notes:
  • Teens and Young Adults can only be experimented on, if Inteen is installed, and the appropriate flags in the "Misc Flags" BCON are set to 1 (default).
  • Elders and Bigfeet will NEVER be experimented on!
  • Servo's *will* be messed with, but they would never become pregnant, nor would they become zombies, since they're not supposed to die.
  • Sims living in dorms can now also be experimented on, as long as they meet the criteria. This includes Alien pregnancies for YAs, as long as Inteen is installed.
  • Whether the game allows it or not, I (and the Aliens on my Anal Probe Ship with me) believe that Vampirism and Plantsimism do not fit together. Plantsims NEED sunlight, but Vampires are allergic to it. Therefor, a Plantsim will NEVER be made a Vampire or vice versa!

New in v1.7:
  • Pregnant sims can now also be experimented on, but only if the appropriate flag in "Misc Flags" is set to 1 (default is 0). However, this will NOT allow another pregnancy, because that would mean killing the existing fetus.
  • A new flag is introduced in the "Misc Flags" BCON, which allows experiments on sims who were abducted using the FT option "Watch for UFOs" (max Science enthousiasm option)
  • New settings are available that allow you to choose what gender of Alien will impregnate your abductee. The options are:
    • Same gender
    • Opposite gender
    • Preferred gender
    • Opposite of preferred gender
    This *does*, however, require my specialized version of the Multi-PT mod (NO, other Multi-PT mods do NOT support gender selection!) *and* equal numbers of male and female PTs.

Although this mod should work with ALL game configurations, 'supernaturals' for which the required EP isn't installed, will obviously be treated as 'no change'. So, regardless of your settings in the config file, without Nightlife no Vampires, without Pets no Werewolves, etc.

Unlike with Treeag's Sim Transformer, the 'Supernaturals' will be exactly like Maxis intended them. So a Zombie will have the actual Zombie personality and have lost most of its skills. Curing a Zombie involves restoring their GENETIC personality, but it won't restore lost skills.

NOTE: The 'Supernatural' effects are actually toggles: if the Aliens decide to experiment with Zombiism, and your sim is *already* a Zombie, the sim will be cured in stead! Likewise for the others. Abducted Witches will NEVER change alignment, but simply be cured in stead.

Whether the game allows it or not, personally I believe that the Plantsim-Vampire combination should kill sims (Plantsims NEED sunlight, but Vampires are allergic to it). Since the Aliens on my 'Anal Probe Ship' agree with me, and are not in the habit of killing sims, they refuse to bestow Vampirism upon a Plantism or vice versa!

NOTE: if you're updating to this new version, please REMOVE the old "xBO - Alien-Experiments-config.package". It is now replaced by "BO - Alien-Experiments-PREFS.package": this config file currently contains exactly the same settings as the main file. If you want to use different settings without messing up the main file, you can edit this file in stead. As long as this file loads AFTER the main package, your own settings will override the defaults.

New ideas are welcome. So if you know of another way for Aliens to make a Sim's life interesting, let me know Wink

Update, October 12th, 2011: Slightly edited the description.

Update, January 25th, 2012: Some moron (me) allowed teens to become Plantsims. That was NEVER supposed to happen, and I can't predict what happens when a teen Plantsim would grow up. So that error has now been corrected! Re-download is recommended. If you made your own settings in the PREFS-file, you don't need to overwrite that file. My apologies for any inconvenience.
x 16

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Alien Experiments Screenshot BO - Alien Experiments Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 8.38 KB | File Name BO - Alien Experiments v1.71.zip | # of Downloads 2,527
File Updated 25-01-2012

   
Comments
#2 11-11-2010
I have an idea....what if when your sim comes back from being abducted they are now super intelligent and learn skills faster than other sims? Maybe something like the BonVoyage vacaton buffs - the effect lasts for x sim days?

1
#3 11-11-2010
Interesting idea. I may have to pull some parts of BV apart to find out how EAxis did this.

0
#4 23-11-2010
  • Registered
  • 0
  • 2
Thanks for this BO! I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. (evil grin)

0

Sorry, that is a members only option