• Dialogue - Text Notification - TNS Style 0x05
  • Uploader: whoward69
I have found an (undocumented) TNS style for primitive 0x0024 - Dialogue - Text Notification. This applies to node version 0x01 of the primitive.

The documented TNS Style 4 "Sim (about Object ID in Temp 1)" displays a text notification speech bubble with a picture of the Sim (in the Stack Object), a text string and an object icon (object ID in Temp 1)

However, if we're using $PrivateString�1 type substitutions in the text string, we need the Stack Object to be the ID of the object that has the referenced STR# and not the Sim ID

This is where TNS Style 5 (which I'm calling) "Sim (about Object ID in Temp 1 by Sim NID in Temp 2)" comes into play as it displays a text notification speech bubble with a picture of the Sim (NID in Temp 2), a text string and an object icon (object ID in Temp 1). This style is not known about by the SimPE instruction wizard, so you'll have to set the TNS Style (operand 12) manually.

An example can be found in BHAV 0x1005 "Interaction - Hunt Bugs" of the "Controller - Bug Collection" object (group 0x7F93FBA3)

Screenshots
There are no additional images for this resource      
Comments
#2 28-10-2020
Interesting! Smile If I were to ever get to modding again, I might need to look at this more closely... Thanks for sharing, @whoward69.

#3 31-10-2020
Would this notification need Freetime EP to work?

#4 01-11-2020
Don't know - I jumped straight from Bon Voyage to M&G then to Ultimate Collection. Given that the example is from Hunt Bugs which was added in Freetime it wouldn't surprise me if that's the case.

Unfortunately, when this style was added Text Notification Append wasn't made aware of it, and if you try to append more text to the notification the speaker icon will be zapped Sad

#5 01-11-2020
Ah, so that would limit the usefulness of this notification...

Sorry, that is a members only option