Directx 9.0c Issue - Sims 2
#1 18-11-2020 
  • Registered
Hiiii!

I bought a new laptop over the summer and since then I can't play Sims 2. I keep getting a Directx 9.0c message that is has failed to find any graphic adapters. I've two graphic cards, and feel like this may be the issue? I played in a Windowed mode for awhile but this doesn't seem to be working anymore either - I've tried a tonne of fixes I've googled, to no avail! Desperate to play some Sims 2 and any help would be much appreciated!

Gary

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-JFGUK76K-config-log.txt (Size: 10.42 KB / Downloads: 346)

#2 30-11-2020 
  • Registered
Just realising I never attached the Operating System, and it is not a disk version of the game. It is the Complete Collection Origin version!

Thanks for the help!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#3 01-12-2020 
I'm still on Windows7 and will be for as long as I can. So Windows 10 is out of my knowledge base. All the things I know about, you've done. Running Sims 2 as a windowed version on Windows 10 also seems to be the correct thing to do.

Fortunately - Huge Lunatic has posted 2 links to things you can do on another thread - so I will add them here:

A guide to installing Sims 2 on Current machines

and

Installing Legacy Directx Libraries

#4 01-12-2020 
@GDEEGANN
@celebkiriedhel

Reddit seems to have some good help at r/sims2help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2help/

#5 09-03-2021 
  • Registered
hey.
Game does not start and has a message 'DirectX' message on a vanilla game.
i have windows 10 on my laptop and when i try to start the game i get the driectX error message that says i dont have a graphics card that works with it or something..i have the disc verision.
.txt  DESKTOP-UL1FVI1-config-log.txt (Size: 9.7 KB / Downloads: 218)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option