Win10 and Radeon cards...
#1 18-03-2021 
  • Registered
Hello. I've already addressed here, about the problems with the game Sims 2. I had a little computer upgrade and installed Windows 10. In order to run the game on this OS, I had to use the program "Graphics Rules Maker". I checked "Disable texture memory estimate adjustment" and then the game worked. But, the problem is that shaders are not working, that is, there are no fish in the pond, only splashes of water. I tried to replace and edit the Graphics Rules and Video Cards myself. However, when I tried to run the game, it gave me an error when it starting.

These are my Graphics Rules and Video Cards, after the Graphics Rules Maker program.

This is my config-log

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 82.53 KB / Downloads: 309)
.zip  Graphics Rules-VideoCards.zip (Size: 11.8 KB / Downloads: 273)
.txt  config-log.txt (Size: 10.59 KB / Downloads: 273)
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2021 12:36 PM by lirika..)

#2 18-03-2021 
Graphic Rules Maker touches all kinds of stuff in the .sgr files that I know nothing about. Also, I have no knowledge of Windows 10.
I'm afraid you must wait for someone else to come look and help, because there is nothing I can do.

And PLEASE, do NOT send other people a PM with a link, asking them for help, like you did me. Because people tend to find that very needy, impatient, intrusive, and even rude. When the regular members visit the forum, they will automatically read the very few messages that have been posted. And if they CAN help, they will. Even without you asking for it specifically.

#3 18-03-2021 
  • Registered
I understand. Thank you and I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. I was just afraid that my topic would not be seen or noticed.

#4 18-03-2021 
I understand, @lirika. This is just not as busy a forum as some others. If we see 5 or 6 new posts in a week, that is sometimes a lot. So the regulars tend to read EVERYTHING they can get their hands on. Even more so, because they're all very friendly, helpful people who understand how frustrating it is if the game doesn't work right. They don't want such trouble for themselves, or for anyone else. They will come. Don't worry Smile

#5 19-03-2021 
  • Registered
I forgot to write that I discovered a very strange bug in CAS. If you enter the code boolprop useshaders false, then everything becomes glowing white. And if you enter boolprop useshaders true, then in CAS some hairstyles, accessories glow. In the public area or in the residential area everything is normal. But the fish in the pond still did not appear. I think there's some other flaw I haven't noticed. I've never encountered such a bug before.

#6 19-03-2021 
Did you download the latest version of GRM? Because I think it fixes everything you are having issues with.

#7 19-03-2021 
  • Registered
Yes, I downloaded the latest version of "Graphics Rules Maker" (version 2.0.0), which came out April 29, 2020. I tried different settings in it, but the game refused to working without "Disable texture memory estimate adjustment". But only with the option "Disable texture memory estimate adjustment" the game runs.

#8 30-03-2021 
  • Registered
Hello. I see no one has written here since me. I found that if you turn off Reflection, then in СAS stop glowing white light hairstyles and accessories. But the fish in the water still did not appear. How do I convince the game that I have a powerful video card?

#9 31-03-2021 
Hi @lirika,

I'm disappointed that nobody so far has come up with an answer to your problem. When you ask the question:
Quote:How do I convince the game that I have a powerful video card?

The first answer you'll get is "Buy a powerful video card!" But when I look in your config.log, I must admit that you already have that! So that joke doesn't work.
But I also see a ridiculously high texture memory setting. 12225 MB? True, technically, you *do* have enough memory to support that claim. Your DXDiag report says:
Code:
Display Memory: 12225 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4056 MB
Shared Memory: 8168 MB

So you're good there. But I'm not sure your game understands such a huge number. I'm also quite sure that the dedicated memory, 4056 MB, is more than enough for The Sims 2.
So I would suggest that you make a change in your Graphics Rules. Tell it that you have 4056 MB, the exact value of your dedicated memory. This way, the game will no longer try to use your normal memory for graphics.

#10 31-03-2021 
  • Registered
Hello, BoilingOil. Thanks for the advice, I did what you said, but nothing has changed. The fish are still not in the pond, and in the CAS the hair and accessories glow white light.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option