Access violation help!
#1 19-03-2021 
  • Registered
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but my game has been crashing constantly and has only just started doing it. I have the 4gb patch and graphics rules maker, I've tried changing my compatibility and running it as administrator but as soon as I do my game doesn't even start or crashes. I've cleaned my cache, I've updated my drivers and I don't know what to do Sad

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2021.03.19 05.55.26.txt (Size: 13.46 KB / Downloads: 250)
.txt  DESKTOP-8MEUK01-config-log.txt (Size: 15.4 KB / Downloads: 243)

#2 19-03-2021 
If you change compatibility/run as admin after running GRM and applying the 4Gb patch - compat. setting erase the GRM/4gb setting you just fixed.
*sigh* TQVM W10! *aaaargh* (Been there, done that.)

So... change compat/admin first.
Then do GRM/4Gb patch - and see if that helps? I'm no expert, but I've been down this path before Big Grin

Sadly, I have tried to fix those blasted ACCESS VIOLATION crashes for years! About all I can come up with is - too much CC.
How much CC do you have (including your SavedSims folder and anything you may have stuffed away back in the ProgFiles)?

Also - what iteration of the game are you running? Discs, UC, some-other-install? If you are using the UC, you should be using "George" to start the game. It is a no-CD.exe made by Kiri, and it is already 4GB patched. Good luck! Cool

#3 20-03-2021 
  • Registered
oh its definitely CC then, oops! I had 28GB of CC bahahaha! I'll squash it all down now. What's a good number for CC if you know? And thank you for telling me about GRM! I'll check that out right now. Is George used for origin too?

#4 20-03-2021 
George does indeed work with Origin. Using george will allow you to play the game without Origin, which also can cause crashing.

Another option to [ulr=https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/7a0763/standby_memory_issue_causing_stutters_on_creators/]delete standby memory[/url] to free up more for the game to use, this route doesn't always work, but worth a shot.

#5 21-03-2021 
Code:
Is George used for origin too?

Yes. George is for the UC - which is was only available through Origin.

#6 11-04-2021 
  • Registered
Hello, sorry for not updating as quickly as I should have, (I was in hospital for a little), I removed 3/4s of my mods and created a brand new neighbourhood. My neighbourhood before began having issues with access violation at 32 households, this neighbourhood only has 3 households and it's crashing. Attached is my recent crash, thank you. Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2021.04.11 18.02.14.txt (Size: 12.98 KB / Downloads: 248)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option