Intermittent Lag
#1 29-03-2021 
  • Registered
I am getting some lag in my game happens mostly in neighborhood view and CAS makeup section. Was wondering if some one could look at my sgr files and see if you have any suggestions to help improve the performance. Things Ive tried are graphics rules and info on this regarding graphics memory etc. Thank you in advance.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-704CUPT-config-log.txt (Size: 10.68 KB / Downloads: 256)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 77.53 KB / Downloads: 278)

#2 29-03-2021 
Hej @vuvubear,

Some people are gonna be all kinds of confused when you ask them to look at your .sgr files, but you don't include any .sgr files for them to look at. Now, I know the system may refuse to accept your .sgr files. But if that happens, just rename them. Either add an extra .txt at the end of each of the files, or replace the .sgr part by .txt.

I would suggest that we prefer it if you do NOT put them in a zip or rar file, because then people need to download and unpack theat archive. Whereas if you just attach .txt files, we can read them online here in the forum. Thanks in advance.

#3 29-03-2021 
  • Registered
@BoilingOil,
Thanks for the reply. Attached are my sgrs

Attached File(s)
.txt  Graphics Rules.txt (Size: 34.26 KB / Downloads: 224)
.txt  Video Cards.txt (Size: 25.87 KB / Downloads: 231)

#4 29-03-2021 
  • Registered
Also, What is the difference between sgr files in Config and CsConfig? Are they supposed to match or be different?

#5 30-03-2021 
The only difference is that the files in "CSConfig" are accessed by BodyShop and Create-A-Sim/Create-A-Family, while the files in "Config" are used by the main game.

Normally, whenever anyone suggestes that you make certain changes to either of the .sgr files, they will also tell you to copy the new version to BOTH the folders. So essentially, it is usually assumed that the .sgr files in one folder are identical to the .sgr files in the other folder.

How that is for any of the other files, I've never really checked, but I think it's reasonable to assume that files with the same names there, are identical in content as well. For those files that exist in only one folder, but not in the other, I would think that the directive should be "don't touch, unless you're TOLD to, or unless you really know what you're doing AND know how to change it back in case of trouble."

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option