Sims 2 Crashing Access Violation
#1 03-04-2021 
  • Registered
Hi, so I'm having a problem with my sims 2 crashing to the desktop. I have the Sims 2 on the discs/CD my latest Ep Mansion and Garden. I have all SP and EP except Family Fun. My laptop is an HP Pavilion with dual graphic cards (Intel 520 and Nvidia Genforce). My game uses the Intel card. I've already installed the 4G patch, Graphic Rules Maker and tried the memory allocation fix. If you have any advice please let me know!

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2021.04.01 23.30.41.txt (Size: 13.78 KB / Downloads: 217)
.txt  LAPTOP-N4P3KJO2-config-log.txt (Size: 10.43 KB / Downloads: 247)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2021.04.03 16.08.54.txt (Size: 14.07 KB / Downloads: 234)

#2 04-04-2021 
Welll... The game is using your intel GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 520 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
But - it needs to be added to the database - the GRM can help you with that.

Why are you using intel and not NVIDIA?

And, How much CC do you have? Access Violations tend to be CC related, from my experience.

#3 04-04-2021 
  • Registered
I’m not crazy knowledgeable with computers, but I’m exactly sure how to switch graphic cards, but I can probably figure it out. I have a decent amount of CC, but not as large as most players. I did delete some hacks/odes that were said to be conflicting and did delete all my custom cars and a few things that has missing meshes earlier. Oh, I was using the intel, because its what the computer chose and I read somewhere that it was a pain to switch over to the nvida card, which was pretty much similar to the intel. I actually just redid the GRM and it said it added new cards...I’m probably doing wrong. Sorry

#4 05-04-2021 
  • Registered
ok, so I'm doing the GRM fix by celebkiriedhel. My Nvidia card Device is 134d, so does that mean I install the Video Cards.sgr - NVIDIA - 1341?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option