Sims 2 Not responding after 15 min, -config-log.txt graphic card not right - DVD W10
#11 08-11-2021 
Hi @aniyahqueen,

You're welcome. I'm curious how this works out, and will wait impatiently for your update on the matter. I understand that you don't know the exact root cause of the problem. If you knew, you could have searched online for a solution for that specific problem, and it would have been fixed by now. Instead, it has been frustrating you for at least half a year now.

There is, however, one caveat: if the problem occurs with ALL lots/households/families in that 'hood, then I'm afraid that my mod will not help. Because for it to work, you need at least to be able to play one lot in that neighborhood while the mod is loaded, long enough for the mod to report on its progress.
If need be, you could perhaps make a single temporary lot and family for this special run with the mod, though...

So, I wish you good luck and Happy Simming,
~ BO

#12 10-11-2021 
  • Registered
Yes, the problem does occur with every single home/family in this particular neighborhood. It's not that the 'hood is entirely unplayable.. but it's incredibly tedious.. because loading a family takes 15 minutes, saving takes 15 minutes, and you can't run for extended periods over speed 2. Even with speed 1 or 2, the game will eventually freeze (taking ~40 min to eventually come back), or simply crash (and because it takes so long to save, sometimes I lose a lot of data because I hadn't saved for a while since it takes so long).

So I went ahead and installed the Final Bugfix version of your No Sim Loaded, as well as Cyjon's Smarter EP-check since it's required, and loaded up one of the families from the problem neighborhood.

I just let the game run at speed 1, and after a few moments, I saw the notification in the top right letting me know what had been cleared. I saved the game (took 15 minutes), then quit. I came back into the game and loaded the same neighborhood and lot where it ran, and unfortunately it's still taking pretty much the same amount of time. Maybe 12 min vs 15 -- but no significant improvement..

Shame it didn't work! I was hoping for the best. But it is what it is.

I appreciate at least having something to try with the problem neighborhood, tho!

Thank you so much for at least giving me something to try!

#13 11-11-2021 
Oh, @aniyahqueen, you're most welcome. I'm sorry that this panned out to be a dud, though. I had hopes of better things for you. But at least we've tried something, and we're not entirely done, either! Because there are enough forms of corruption that my mod cannot deal with, or even detect.

You might want to take a look at Mootilda's Hoodchecker. You never know what that might turn up.
And there might be something useful in Whoward69's Sims2 Tools Project as well, although I dare not be sure about that. Maybe you could refer William to this here thread, and ask him about it. You never know if you don't try, right?

Good luck,
~ BO

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option