New Windows 10 PC with AMD Radeon RX6800 XT card crashing TS2 at launch
#1 26-05-2021 
  • Registered
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I'm hoping all the knowledgeable folks at Leefish can help me. My old PC died a week or so ago, and the one I replaced it with - the only one that would arrive in a reasonable length of time - came with a brand new Radeon RX6800 XT graphics card. I have tried to install my old TS2 disks on the new machine and they installed successfully, however when I try to actually launch the game, I get a blank screen for a few seconds, then a message saying "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate."

I think it probably comes down to the graphics card, which the sales assistant assured me would run DirectX 9 games. My old PC was also a Windows 10 Alienware desktop, but it had dual NVidia cards and it ran TS2 like a charm. Can anyone help me here? Please note, there is no config-log because I can't get Sims 2 to run.

Thanks,
veetie

#2 26-05-2021 
Download the latest graphics rules maker, install and run ticking the first two tickboxes. They have to do with disabling texture memory estimate and to not forcing the gpu to manage drivers.

#3 26-05-2021 
  • Registered
Thank you! The problem is actually that I needed to install Reshade to get it to work, so problem is solved - but I appreciate the response Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option