Got new laptop, cannot get game to start
#1 12-06-2021 
  • Registered
So I got an HP pavilion gaming laptop, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD, with i5 chip and NVIDIA GTX 1650 card, running windows 10. I cannot get the game to load normally, it gives the following response: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system." I did find a workaround online, by going into Properties and modifying the Target by adding " -w
" to the end to play in windowed mode. However, the window is really small, and I was wondering if there was any way to get it to load full screen? Would installing Graphics Rule Maker fix this?

Edit: I tried installing the Graphics Rules Maker and using auto-detect, and playing in full screen, but get the same error about DirectX compatibility.
Config log attached
Edit: I changed the resolution in game and it now is running in full size, so all is well now. I tried to delete this post but was told I "do not have permission to access this resource."

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-QETCED6D-config-log.txt (Size: 10.64 KB / Downloads: 209)
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021 06:23 PM by mk3003.)

#2 13-06-2021 
I'm glad you got it fixed. But, I'm curious - is it using the NVIDIA GTX 1650? 'Cuz according to your config-log, it's using Intel® UHD Graphics...
And it doesn't look like you've done the 4GB patch either?

You have to run the GRM as administrator for it's changes to take affect.

If your happy, than that's good. Wink But there may be improvements to be had...

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option