TS2 laggy after 4GB patch applied
#1 17-06-2021 
  • Registered
Hi, I've recently downloaded ts2 uc. I've applied the 4GB patch & used Graphics Rules Maker to fix resolution. It did run smoothly at first but now it's laggy, especially on loading screens. I've applied the patch numerous times yet it still lags! However I only have 4GB ram installed into my computer - shown on system properties - could that be the issue?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  LENOVO-THINK199-config-log.txt (Size: 10.67 KB / Downloads: 174)

#2 18-06-2021 
It's very likely that your limited amount of physical RAM (only 4GB), is indeed the problem. Windows takes a big bite of the apple, and so does the video card, after which less than 2GB remains. TS2 US (essentially TS2 with all expansions) can not run comfortably in that little memory. Hence the lag.

#3 18-06-2021 
  • Registered
Thanks so much for the reply!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option