Sims 2 UC CAS Brightness + Crashing
#1 23-08-2021 
  • Registered
Hi there! I recently had to downgrade to a laptop and decided to install TS2 UC. The issue I am having is that CAS is too bright and then crashes when I click anything. I have been trying to fix this myself on and off for a few weeks, but am having no luck.

[Image: error.png]

Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz
Video Card: Intel® HD Graphics 3000

I am hoping that it will be possible to run the game on this laptop. Thank you so much in advance for any and all help you can give me.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-9Q6PAQ9-config-log.txt (Size: 10.39 KB / Downloads: 211)

#2 23-08-2021 
Run graphics rule maker and then apply the 4gb patch. If the overly bright CAS persists after the game recognizes your video card and it the 4gb patch is applied, LazyDuchess (mts or tumblr) has a fix for the overly bright CAS.

#3 23-08-2021 
  • Registered
This appears to have fixed everything! Thank you so much. I will return if there are any other issues. Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option