graphics and video cards fixes not workin
#1 26-08-2021 
  • Registered
Hi there I'm trying to run the sims 2 UC via the downloading instructions from r/sims2help

I'm using Boot Camp and luckily the game works fine I just cant seem to actually update my graphics rules and video cards in game which reflects in my config log

I have the leefish intel med cpu and texture memory graphics rules download and I updated my video card so it shows up in the database but my game is still weird lol

I also managed to do the 4gb patch to my game but that's the only other fix reflected in my game and config log

I've tried lots of little fixes that were suggested on the r/sims2help as well as ones suggested by some older posts on here but nothing seems to actually reflect in my game

It may also be a problem of my installation of dxdirect (which is v.12 which may be an issue?) as I've seen that's a common problem so I attached it here

I'm not at all techy I just love love love the sims 2 so I apologize for any missing information

Have a good day wherever you are Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-G84L03N-config-log.txt (Size: 10.45 KB / Downloads: 191)
.txt  Graphics Rules.txt (Size: 34.28 KB / Downloads: 203)
.txt  Video Cards.txt (Size: 25.88 KB / Downloads: 194)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 91.1 KB / Downloads: 244)

#2 27-08-2021 
I'm not sure what issue you are actually having? The config log shows you have successfully applied the 4 gb patch and your video card is being recognized? You will need to be more specific on your game being weird.

#3 27-08-2021 
(26-08-2021 04:20 AM)nshelly Wrote:  I just cant seem to actually update my graphics rules and video cards in game

I'm curious what you actually mean by that. Because there are no in-game methods of updating these files. They can only be updated outside the game, using GRM or a text editor. And while the game is running, one should not attempt to edit these files, if that is even possible.

#4 03-09-2021 
  • Registered
(27-08-2021 01:44 PM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  I'm not sure what issue you are actually having? The config log shows you have successfully applied the 4 gb patch and your video card is being recognized? You will need to be more specific on your game being weird.
Hi there!

My game and config log were seemingly not fixed by the intel graphics and cpu med fix as it shows as only 32mb despite my computer being able to handle more

I just mean that despite trying all of these fixes my game still looks like the one in the tutorial before the fixes were applied
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021 01:44 AM by nshelly.)

#5 03-09-2021 
(03-09-2021 01:43 AM)nshelly Wrote:  it shows as only 32mb despite my computer being able to handle more

'it' is apparently meant to be the texture memory setting. Your computer being ABLE to handle more means NOTHING if it isn't TOLD to use more. It isn't sentient, and it doesn't read your mind. Consider running GRM and telling it to raise Texture Memory setting to -- oh, I don't know -- perhaps 3072 MB ??? 4096 MB ???

#6 03-09-2021 
When running GRM you want to choose the first two options, one of which is to not force texture memory.

#7 14-09-2021 
  • Registered
I honestly don't understand the problem either.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option