Poor resolution for planning clothes/sim faces when clicking
#1 28-08-2021 
  • Registered
Hi, I have been reviewing the forums and cannot find an answer to the issue that I have with my sims 2 game. I just bought a new computers (XPS 8940, 16GB, 2.60GHz); I installed my sims 2 games and copied my existing game data from my old computer (i.e. Documents/EA Games/...). I have the 4g update, graphics rule maker both installed, the game is running under 1920x1080 very well, except for plan clothes previews (looks very choppy), and I can tell that the sim face that pops up when clicking is also a poorer resolution. I have changed the game settings numerous times looking for improvement (I have found none, regardless of resolution used), and ran the game side by side with the old computer as well to confirm the difference. I have tried to review the graphics card setting on both machines, but nothing has popped out to me. How can I fix the resolution for those items? I am completely stumped.
.txt  DESKTOP-79MAILR-config-log.txt (Size: 10.71 KB / Downloads: 194) ..

#2 29-08-2021 
Sounds like you haven't copied the .sgr files from the TSData/Res/Config folder to the TSData/Res/CSConfig folder yet. Do that and see if it helps.

#3 29-08-2021 
  • Registered
Thank you for the suggestion. I gave that a try, but it still have the same poor resolution for planning everyday, etc. Everything else in the regular game play looks good though. I have attached the config log.
.txt  DESKTOP-79MAILR-config-log.txt (Size: 10.71 KB / Downloads: 171)

#4 29-08-2021 
Thank you, but I don't think my suggestion would've changed the log in any way, and we still have the one you sent in the top post. There's no need to attach more of that, unless we ask for it, ok?

#5 29-08-2021 
  • Registered
okay, got it - thanks for the suggestion again. Any others you have would be appreciated Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option