I have tried everything to run Sims 2
#1 18-09-2021 
  • Registered
I have tried so much. I have installed the 4gb patch, tried every configuration under the sun in Compatibility Mode and Graphics Rules maker, manually added my graphics card to the registry, and most recently tried making a virtual machine with windows 7, only to run into completely different unsolvable issues there!

I am at my wits end, I have scoured this forum for hours trying every solution, I have no idea what to do at this point.

Crashes upon loading neighborhood 90% of the time, sometimes I can load in and everything is flashing purple and the Sims are t posing.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-4QI1LJ4-config-log.txt (Size: 14.64 KB / Downloads: 174)

#2 19-09-2021 
  • Registered
Figured this out! Not sure how to close this thread? Took so much trial and error!

#3 19-09-2021 
How did you fix it? (It might provide useful to others if you post your solution here) Wink

And you may want to verify that the 4GB patch is working? It doesn't look like it...
Memory: 1024MB
Free memory: 1024MB
Texture memory: 1744MB - How can your texture memory be more than your other 'memory'?

#4 20-09-2021 
(19-09-2021 02:26 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  Memory: 1024MB
Free memory: 1024MB
Texture memory: 1744MB - How can your texture memory be more than your other 'memory'?

This one is not hard, actually. Any video memory that is included on the graphics card, CAN be used as texture memory, but is not included in normal system memory. Some GTX 2060 cards have 6GB or 6144 MB of graphics memory. With such a card, I think using only 1744MB texture memory is very conservative.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option