Card not an option in Video Cards file
#1 12-01-2022 
  • Registered
I'm attempting to solve a myriad of issues I'm having with getting Sims 2 working without needing to use windowed mode (if I don't I get the dreaded DirectX 9.0c error). The top 2 issues I'm experiencing are that in my config log I am receiving the <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>> message. I have attempted to follow the video cards fix here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6883 the problem is when I open my Video Cards file, my card isn't an option (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650) so I'm not sure how to move forward with that fix. On top of that I can't seem to get the 4 GB patch to work either, and have tried all the tricks I could find including replacing my sims2ep9.exe file with the George version. I am working with a brand new laptop that is running Windows 11. Config log attached.

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-3QCJK84E-config-log.txt (Size: 10.33 KB / Downloads: 154)

#2 12-01-2022 
You could do the following, provided you know how to handle a text editor:

Go to the TSData/Res/Config folder of your latest expansion pack, and when there, open the file "Video Cards.sgr" in a text editor.
Then find the first line that reads:
Code:
vendor "NVIDIA" 0x10b4 0x12d2 0x10de
Directly below that line, insert a new line, reading:
Code:
card 0x1f9d "NVidia GeForce GTX 1650"

Then save the file, start the game, quit again, and see in the config-log if it has worked!

Good luck, and Happy Simming.
~ BO

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option