Access Violation crashes on NVIDIA graphics card
#21 18-02-2022 
@Softlism, I've never heard of the Gussy Up mod, but if it allows you to buy clothing, it's essentially the same as going to a store, except that you don't actually take your sims to the store.
Now, if they all just wear Maxis clothing, the high-poly problem is NOT in the clothing.
What *could* be a problem, is if there have been CC clothing items cached, which are now no longer there, but still in the cache. Maybe it's time to delete the files in the thumbnails folder, and allow the game to regenerate them. This may take some time, but if it fixes the problem, that would be worth it.

I wouldn't know what else to suggest. I have never had the kind of problems that you're having. Maybe I should consider myself lucky that I'm still on the original CD/DVD version and not the UC, and that I'm still running under Win7, and don't plan on using Win10. But that doesn't helkp *you*, of course.

#22 18-02-2022 
@BoilingOil the fact that you still play on Win7 may be beneficial, from my understanding. I have to figure out if it would also benefit me if I install Win7 through Dual Boot. I do use the Origin UC, but downloaded it offshore.

I just tried out playing TS2 on the 2016 laptop with 8 GB RAM, and it was less prone to crashing than the new one. And when no CCs were deleted, the crash was delayed during loading clothes because it akready generated CAS thumbnails during the previous session prior crashing. No error logs were created while enabling boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. Attached are the config log + crash log from the 2016 laptop. The main difference is that I've set the Texture Memory to 1024, and set a different screen resolution because the older laptop has an HD aspect ratio.

I guess I have to accept that I cannot generate too many new CAS thumbnails in one gaming session and clear the thumbnails cache after removing CCs.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-55UD5NI-config-log.txt (Size: 10.68 KB / Downloads: 115)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2022.02.18 15.45.59.txt (Size: 14.15 KB / Downloads: 102)

#23 18-02-2022 
Why did I think you were using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU?
According to your latest log - you are not using that card.
It shows the integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620

#24 18-02-2022 
(18-02-2022 04:29 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  Why did I think you were using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU?
According to your latest log - you are not using that card.
It shows the integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620
@CatherineTCJD I'm trying out TS2 on multiple laptops. The new laptop (Ideapad) has a dedicated GeForce, while the old one (Yoga 2016) has an integrated Intel 8 GB RAM. Before, I played TS2 on another Yoga laptop, but with only 4 GB RAM, so I could only utilize 2 GB memory. Since I have the Ideapad, I managed to clear up space in my Yoga 2016 laptop to try out TS2 there as Plan B (in case TS2 works better on Intel than NVIDIA).

Hope this makes sense.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option