SIMS2, I made the error to install ReShade!! How to uninstall properly?
#11 04-03-2022 
Oops, :o , BO, but never mind, because actually I have tried all of the 4 combinations. Wink With both files. With no file. With just the first, and with just the second.

Thanks for your uploaded file, will try to compare things. Smile

EDIT: there's no difference in fact.

@HugeLunatic ; do you know how I could proceed to completely erease that ReShade app. I tried to go to the options (it's not via F12, but via the Home key, on my computer, for some reason) but nothing works...

Thanks BO and HL! Smile

#12 04-03-2022 
That's basically what I was saying, what BO just said... if the camera is borked, then replace those files. (They are in your Cameras folder - in the same place as your Downloads folder.)
Gunmod has the original Maxis cameras backed up - called MAXISCAMERAS
Found here: https://modthesims.info/d/97642/gunmod-s...sions.html

#13 04-03-2022 
Hi @CatherineTCJD , thank you Smile (sorry for not having responded to you)

Anyway, I have already been having two custom files in my Cameras folder, and it has been so, during the past 8 to 10 years, without any problem.

this one, especially: https://modthesims.info/d/504385/realist...ctive.html

But I do really, really think that the problem comes with my recent installation of ReShade. And that software seems impossible to uninstall properly. I can manually delete every file I want, the soft seems to be there. And it coincides with my camera that twirls around, and winds around incessantly, making the game almost unplayable...

#14 04-03-2022 
Uninstalling the game doesn't remove all the files, you have to manually remove them.

https://reshade.me/forum/general-discuss...ll-reshade

I still have the D3D9.DLL file, because, I think it's part of the game? Someone without reshade or any edits of that folder would have to show a screenshot of required files.

#15 05-03-2022 
WAIT!!! Is your camera spinning? My daughter had that problem in another game... The fix was to unplug (USB) the joystick.
Weird - and you'd think it wasn't connected at all - but that fixed it! Do you have a joystick plugged in? If so, remove it and see what happens. *fingers crossed*

#16 05-03-2022 
Many thanks Huge Lunat'! I had already come across the thread you posted but seemingly I hadn't read it fully, as the solution toward the end worked for me! I owe you a coffee!! Smile

@CatherineTCJD , yes, my problem was the spinning of the camera. And uninstalling ReShade in the way mentionned in HL's posted thread just above worked fine!

No more spinning camera! Big Grin Thanks to everyone for their help!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option