Direct X 9.0 error
#1 27-02-2022 
  • Registered
my operating system is windows 10

when i try to open the game, it says "failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now be terminated"

on my config log i can not find the graphics info and i can not find my graphics card on the sims 2 graphic card thread. I'm not savvy enough to make my own so any help would be appreciated

my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-S607E8Q1-config-log.txt (Size: 5.06 KB / Downloads: 138)

#2 27-02-2022 
From looking at your log, I see you need to use the 4Gb Patch.
If you use "George," (a noCD.exe - so you don't need to "phone home" to Origin every time you play) it is 4gb enabled already - and it should be linked on here somewhere (it's from Kiri.)
Run the GRM again (be sure to run it as an Admin) and tell it to add your card to the database. Don't forget to save!

#3 27-02-2022 
I think it might also be helpful to see a DxDiag.txt of your system, @sarahabbott.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option