INTEL Graphic Rule Problem
#1 13-11-2022 
  • Registered
Hi, I have been going back and forth with his problem for about a week. I usually can fix it myself but this "Kiri: Force Low settings because Intel removed" wont go away and someone said my free memory and memory should not be 4096. Please help. I've been reading threads but many don't mention intel Dodgy
.txt  DxDiag updated.txt (Size: 94 KB / Downloads: 101)
.txt  JUJU-config-log.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 89)

#2 13-11-2022 
As for the "Memory" and "Free Memory" lines: the game is so old that it cannot handle more than 4096 MB of memory. It doesn't even recognize more, no matter how much RAM is installed in your system. So the 4096 MB readings are perfectly normal!

I'm guessing you've at some point donwloaded an ancient Graphics Rules.sgr file written by Kiri, which was intended for some specific (built-in) Intel graphics card that you currently do not have.
Remove that file, and restart the game. It should now generate a new graphics Rules.sgr file. Then exit the game, and download and run the latest Graphics Rules Maker (Manager?). Then start the game again, and that should fix the "low settings" issue.
If things are still wrong then, just add a new post to this thread with the updated config-log, and we'll look into it some more. At that time, we do NOT need another DxDiag, because that file will not have changed, I imagine.

#3 13-11-2022 
GraphicsRules.sgr are not regenerated. Nothing in programs files is regenerated, keep a back up else you have to reinstall.

That line is just a comment btw. If the game performs as intended, there is no need to change it.

#4 13-11-2022 
  • Registered
I just want to point out that i use Sims2RPC and the graphic rules latest and I think you guys fix it. I am going to upload my logs now and see if things look good in my logs file.

.txt  JUJU-config-log.txt (Size: 10.57 KB / Downloads: 89)

(13-11-2022 09:07 PM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  GraphicsRules.sgr are not regenerated. Nothing in programs files is regenerated, keep a back up else you have to reinstall.

That line is just a comment btw. If the game performs as intended, there is no need to change it.
I made sure to do that, thank you <3
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2022 10:35 PM by viablasian.)

#5 13-11-2022 
  • Registered
update: my game still crashes when I enter build/buy mode and when I use the moveobjects on cheat. Is my cc bad ?

#6 15-11-2022 
Does it crash in a fresh clean hood - with no CC in your Downloads folder?
If not... then you have some bad CC (or mods.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option