Sims 2 Keeps Crashing No Matter What
#1 16-12-2022 
  • Registered
I am new here but need help from Leefish.

My game keeps crashing no matter what. I have tried everything i was able to find. 4Gb patch, Memory fix for Windows 10, GRM, run game windowed mode etc. even CFF.

Little details about crashing. It mainly crashes loading new lot after moving from previous either going to new family or going to community lot. It also happens sometimes in browsing buy mode catalog and in CAS while browsing clothes. WHile i just simply play the game without going to other lot it never crashes.

So could you look at my graphic rules like you've done to others. I have fear that problem is within my video card just being not fit for Sims 2.

First of all video card i have is AMD Radeon ™ R7 Graphics and 16Gb ram VRAM being 1024. I also tried putting it to video cards srg. SO my game might not recognize it for some reason.

I also have trouble getting through Graphic Rules Maker lately. It doesn't seem to recognize graphic rules and video cards srg through Mansion and Garden path. When i do auto detect it goes through path Apartment Life not Mansion and Garden (Latest expansion).

I am new here so sorry if i forgot something.

Here is my Log

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-79D27ESA-config-log.txt (Size: 10.58 KB / Downloads: 128)

#2 17-12-2022 
The first thing I see is that your 4GB patch didn't work:
Memory: 1024MB
It should say "4096MB" if the patch worked.

Which version of game installation did you use? Disks, UC, or other download?
I would also recommend - until you get your game working properly - to start a fresh "save" of the game, and don't add any CC/mods. For testing purposes.

To start a fresh game, just rename your current game folder to something like "The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection Current" (or you can rename the EA Games folder, if you don't play any other EA Games games.) After you've renamed the folder, start the game - it will generate a brand new, empty of CC/mods game.

I also recommend Mara's Sims 2 Pink Flash & Crash FIX! guide.

#3 17-12-2022 
  • Registered
I created new game and no crashing. I played few hours and everything seems to be fine.

And yes i have done that pink flash fix from the link you showed. My current fear is that it is either bad cc or corrupt neighbourhood.

I also have to say that i have huge neighbourhood over 50 lots, over hundred sims (My created) living in it. I also have at least 20K CC including multiple behavior mods and many many clothes, vehicles and objects. It might very well be CC problem.

#4 18-12-2022 
How is your memory? Does the 4GB patch work now?

If the new game works fine - then it is definitely either a mod/cc problem, or a corrupted hood. Sorry!

#5 18-12-2022 
  • Registered
Now it shows pink flash. Didn't crash though. I decided to make settings lower. I revisited pink flash fix to make sure it is okay.

And yes i think i might have to restart new completely clean game which is sad because i really did great big city and lot of unique sims. Next game i create im gonna have to keep less cc, run hoodchecker every once and awhile. I made mistake by after starting after long time just dumping lot of CC into downloads folder. Now i have more clean folder but i might have to reduce amount i am keeping.

Just one more question. What number should i put in graphic rules force texture memory? Currently i have bit over 8000 which grm suggested. But my dedicated vram is 1024 so should i put it that instead of 8k. As i said i have total 16 gb of memory and about 8gb display memory. So should i put 1024 or total 8k of display memory into GRM?

#6 28-12-2022 
  • Registered
You don't need to lose everything you created.
Just backup all your Sims directory from Documents < EA Games < The Sims 2 and after you reinstall the game, you can replace this directory and you'll be able to continue to play your old game as never ever happened.

I'm not sure if I was suposed to create another thread, because after all, my problem seems similar to SImsFan94. My game crashes right when it starts.
Here is a preview of the error:
[Image: qSXhBWz.png]
It is in portuguese, but it says something like "The app was blocked. The app will now be closed.", which is not very helpful for me to find what's causing it.
I've attached my config-log.txt as well. The only error I can identify myself is the one with the texture memory problem, because I already had that problem before on other computers, but always managed to solve it, wether by changing the sgr directly or using the Graphic Rules Maker app.
But I don't think that's the main problem now and I cannot identify what is, nor how to solve it.
I have an Acer Predator Helius 300, with Win 10 Home x64 (it originally came with win 11, but I hated and replaced it), processor 11th Gen Intel Cor i7-11800H 2.30 GHz, 32GB ram, Intel graphics incorporated + Nvidea Geforce RTX.
Can someone help me, please?

Attached File(s)
.txt  STAR-ACER-config-log.txt (Size: 10.28 KB / Downloads: 79)

#7 29-12-2022 
Technically, yes, you shoulda started a new thread. Read up the thread and do everything else that was suggested above.
And you may want to check out the Beginners Guide to Setting up TS2 by Lesya/SunnySimblr - just to be sure you didn't miss anything.

Let's get your game working withOUT any CC/mods first. Once your basic game is stable, then you can add in whatever you want.
Quote:To start a fresh game, just rename your current game folder to something like "The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection Current" (or you can rename the EA Games folder, if you don't play any other EA Games games.) After you've renamed the folder, start the game - it will generate a brand new, empty of CC/mods game.

First off - it looks like you need the 4GB fix - your memory should say 4096, instead of:
Memory: 2048MB
Free memory: 2048MB

#8 29-12-2022 
  • Registered
Sorry, then. And thank you for your help.
(29-12-2022 03:49 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  First off - it looks like you need the 4GB fix - your memory should say 4096, instead of:
Memory: 2048MB
Free memory: 2048MB
Where can I find the 4Gb patch to fix this problem? I only found info/threads about the graphic and video rules, but not specifically about the 4Gb problem.

#10 31-12-2022 
  • Registered
Thank you very much for your help.
The patch apparently solved the problem! My game didn't crash anymore, at least on start. I'll test it better again on the next days.
Hope this was the only problem, but I don't think so. Still, I believe all other visual problems I may be able to fix them with the graphic rules maker. Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option