sims2 #1
I've been brooding about this for a long time, but now it's finally there: BO - Vacation-Actions Limited

Update: first, and hopefully only, bug fixed. Please redownload!

This mod limits autonomous vacation actions in the following way:

Vacation actions can ONLY be done autonomously if the sim is in the correct vacation sub-hood.
But, there is an exception: the vacation locals are NOT restricted in this way, as long as they perform the actions belonging to their OWN sub-hood. That means that:
  • a Mountain-dweller can autonomously do the Chest Pound or the Slap Dance regardless of where they are.
  • an Islander can autonomously do the Hang Loose, the Hula Dance or the Fire Dance OR sing the Sea Chanty at any place or time.
  • an Easterner can autonomously do a Bow or perform Tai Chi OR tell the Dragon Tale at their leisure.

It is important to note that if any of these interactions needs to be learned, or requires a special object in inventory, this is STILL true for the locals. Only the location restriction is lifted.

Of course, your sims can still do all these things when you tell them to.

I find that the logical way to deal with these actions Smile

NOTE 1: If you're using my Music & Dance Fixes, you should download the MDF version. This version must load AFTER the the Music & Dance fixes. HCDU will STILL report conflicts, but those are intentional.

NOTE 2: Either version of this mod makes Dizzy-hula-fix2 and Dizzy-slap-dance-fix2 totally redundant... you can remove those.

Of course, you use only ONE version of this mod! Putting both in your downloads is asking for problems.

Update, April 5th, 2012: the Dragon Tale, the Sea Chanty and the Fire Dance were added courtesy of rawmilk905, who supplied me with some welcome information. Thank you, rawmilk905!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Vacation-Actions Limited Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 1.4 KB | File Name BO - Vacation-Actions Limited.zip | # of Downloads 1,341
File Updated 05-04-2012

Filesize 1.51 KB | File Name BO - Vacation-Actions Limited - MDF.zip | # of Downloads 845
File Updated 05-04-2012

Comments
#2 18-08-2011
BO Baby, I don't know if you can read my mind or if this action bugs a lot of people. I stopped my Sim learning the dances and gestures, it annoyed the dickens out of me when they started doing them at home. I'm not downloading this yet, but as soon as I start playing the game again it will be on the top of my list. Actually I'm tempted to download all your mods and put them all in one big zip file and call it 'BO's AWESOME MODS'.
If you where standing in front of me now, you would be snogged dizzy. [Image: huggin-smiley-emoticons-5.gif]

#3 18-08-2011
Update: August 18, 2011: Bug fixed. Please redownload!

#4 05-04-2012
Update, April 5th, 2012: the Dragon Tale, the Sea Chanty and the Fire Dance were added courtesy of rawmilk905, who supplied me with some welcome information. Thank you, rawmilk905!

Sorry, that is a members only option