Sit down to feed infant
#41 07-06-2011 
Not with overlays per se, just when the overlay is a static pose (i.e., one that's been made with just one keyframe); if it's an honest-to-God animation (one with several keyframes), then there isn't a problem. I'm afraid my poses are just static ones.

But yeah, for it to look really good it's either EA animations or custom honest-to-God animations. But don't count the last part out completely yet. Wink

Well, EA logic isn't always Earth logic, but we can hope. Tongue
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#42 07-06-2011 
Well, I'm nowhere near having a finished sit-down animation yet, but... I just got my Sim to wave at me! As in, I made a hand-waving animation, and it actually worked. Big Grin I still have a long way to go before I'm anywhere near where I want to be... but at least I've taken the first step. Smile

#43 07-06-2011 
Congratz, NixNivis. Keep us informed of your progress, and we'll keep cheering for you Smile

#44 08-06-2011 
Bravo!!! NixNivis, you have made us proud.

#45 08-06-2011 
Thank you, both of you! Heart It's a bit tricksy, but it's also a lot of fun, and that's just the way I like it. Wink I'll check back in if and when I can make my Sim do something more advanced than just wave her hand or turn her head. (I almost wrote "wave her head and turn her hand". That would be... quite interesting. Tongue )

#46 08-06-2011 
Wow - that is amazing NixNivis. I am struggling just to get a window to move, so actually animating a sim is impressive as heck.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#47 08-06-2011 
Aww, thanks, Lee. Smile Well, I already know how to make static poses, so I "just" have to learn how to put those poses together into an honest-to-God animation. Like I said, tricksy but fun!

#48 09-06-2011 
If anybody needs an animation where the Sim jumps up and down, let me know. Wink (That was fun to make!)

Now, if I can just pull of an anim with more than three keyframes (I'll need six or seven for a back-up-to-chair-and-sit-down anim to run smoothly), we're in business! Big Grin

#49 09-06-2011 
I'm so curious to see what you'll come up with... I think I need that jumping-up-and-down animation for myself now! Big Grin

#50 09-06-2011 
Be my guest. Wink

I didn't bother to do anything special with the hands, and if you look closely, the Sim doesn't quite land on the ground - but hey, at least she's jumping! Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option