sims2 #1
Did you like Phaenoh's Level Numbers added to Job Titles mod? Were you looking for something similar for your owned businesses? Look no further, because it's here!

With this package installed, when you view a business' info screen, in Neighborhood View or anywhere else, you not only get a title like "Shoddy shop" or "Visionary Vending Venture", but you also get the level number associated with that rank.
Some of the ranks and titles are rather longish in different languages, causing rank numbers to get truncated, so I put the level number in brackets BEFORE the title.
So you might see something like "(-2) Shoddy Shop" or "(10) Visionary Vending Venture"

BUT BEWARE:
If you already have a mod for more or different townie names (Live.package) like my BO - Names, you'll have a little issue. This new package is ALSO named Live.package.

The problem is: neither of these packages can be renamed! Once you rename either one, that package stops working! So, if you want to continue using both of them, they must each be stored in a separate sub-folder under your Downloads. So, for example, put your names file in a folder named "Names" and this Business Ranks package in a folder named "Business Ranks", and everything will be fine. There's NO other way to solve this problem!

UPDATE: November 29th, 2018:

Here we are again. BO - Job Assignments.zip contains yet another Live.package file, for another purpose. This file makes it so that sims working the Massage Table will get a proper Job Title of Masseur/Masseuse (in Dutch, English, French and German) or Massör/Massös (in Swedish).
If you want to use this file in combination with other Live.packages, go to your Downloads folder, and create a new sub-folder named "Job Assignments". Then put this new file in there.
If you want the file to work for a different language than the ones I've mentioned, please tell me what language to edit, and what words to use for Masseur (male) and Masseuse (female).

Happy simming!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Numbered Business Ranks Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 7.36 KB | File Name BO - Numbered Business Ranks.zip | # of Downloads 1,452  
Filesize 7.75 KB | File Name BO - Job Assignments.zip | # of Downloads 266  

Comments
#9 10-09-2020
Hi BO Wink
In prep for finally being able to use more CC and actually "play" this game - I'm going through my DL folder... yet again.
I seem to have both of these mods - the BusinessRanks and the JobAssingns, combined into one package file. Did you do this? Did I do this? Should I chuck it, keep it, reDL the separated ones?
I also have your Names package; but it is separate, and in it's own folder as it should be.
Thanks! Wink

#10 10-09-2020
Hi Cat Wink

As far as I can see, I never made a combined version. It even seems that I never added the Job Assignments file to my own game, either.
Anyway, if I didn't create the combined file, someone else must be responsible. So, assuming that you know how to do such a task in SimPE, I think it's reasonable to believe that you did this yourself. Of course you can ditch the file and (re-)download the separate files again, if that makes you feel better. But as long as the combined file works correctly, I don't see why you should.

#11 10-09-2020
Well, yeah... I know how to do that in SimPE. So, I guess I must've. Huh. *wonders at self and shrugs* OK.
I never noticed any problems, but then I haven't really let the pixels interact too much with each other either. Tongue
We'll give it a go. Thanks Wink

Sorry, that is a members only option