Digital Camera Mod
#11 08-04-2011 
Yeah, writing the code so it makes sense, that indeed requires some patience at first, and some dicipline and dedication later. Fortunately, I have a somewhat logically inclined mind and oodles of time on my hands, so I can waste as much of it as I want on coding.

And that's something, too: you must be playing the game yourself, and getting really fed up with how the EAxians botched a lot of stuff. You need to be convinced that it could and should be better. And then, when you can't find a mod by others that solves your problem, you must want to do something about it yourself. Once you're driven enough, you *will* get the hang of the coding eventually. And of course, we aren't all wired the same. As I said before, I couldn't make black dot on a white background if my life depended on it, so I let others do the objects, the meshes and recolors and all that jazz. That's not for me. So it reasonable to assume that others won't always get the coding thing.

#12 08-04-2011 
Yea, but I think its just a case of figuring out what things are like which thing is representing a variable or a function etc etc. Then it could be doable for the average bear. (Or fish)

Course, it kind of reminds me of when I asked about coding something over on simlogical and was told to go make windows instead as they had lots of coders and not so many windowmakers. Nice for them. Not nice for me - maybe I am fed up of windows....maybe I want to learn something else..... Indeed.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#13 08-04-2011 
Well, the problem is: you do windows so well... And you have long advertised yourself as "The Windowmaker" Wink But I understand that at some point you're done with doing the same kind of thing over and over again... When it becomes a boring repetition of "been there, done that, and get sick of all the rotten T-shirts", then you truly need something else to sink your teeth into.

And making "buy objects" isn't much different from making windows, I guess. You need to find an appropriate mesh, make some adjustments, stick a UV-map on, and your done. Indeed, that's what you've done already.

Anyway, I can only say: open up mods by other people, try and figure out what they were doing... Fiddle a bit with it and see what happens in-game... And begin with small things. Ask questions, google for "simantics programming" and things of that nature. The stuff is there, but it's scattered and not very complete. It does take some getting used to. I've been in coding for 18 months now, and I'm finally beginning to feel comfortable. The first year or so, I hardly knew what the hell I was doing. And I've done programming in many languages over the years, so you'd expect me to have some background and thus an advantage! Yeah... in my dreams!

#14 08-04-2011 
Well ... Lee its ok to not know code ... I still suck at meshing ... and repo ... and texturing ... and UV mapping ...
but Im the lot hampster ... i know that ......

#15 08-04-2011 
Lev - just to correct your assumption re me not knowing code. I do the coding on this site, we have custom plugins for LeeFish made by me. I CAN code - I just don't know the semantics of simantics - which is the "language" used for BHAVs.

Everybody "sucks" when they first start at something - its not giving up that is important and a negative attitude will breed a negative result. Being positive and trying hard will get you a helluva long way. Just saying.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#16 17-04-2011 
Sitting, waiting and wishing for more mods... lol Big Grin
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#17 12-05-2012 
Question: I have this one mod, that prevents Hobby NPC's from appearing and delivering the Hobby Plaques. Instead you get a popup message saying you get a plaque and it appears inside your inventory. Could this method also be used for my digital camera mod request?

#18 12-05-2012 
And suddenly I get a rude reminder that I once, in a dark, forgotten prehistoric time, made a promise to look at a certain issue that I still seem not to have found time for... Tongue

#19 12-05-2012 
No worries, it just hit me that the mods could be similar in nature lol. Been doing some spring cleaning of my mods.

#20 12-05-2012 
leefish;4114 Wrote:Course, it kind of reminds me of when I asked about coding something over on simlogical and was told to go make windows instead as they had lots of coders and not so many windowmakers. Nice for them. Not nice for me - maybe I am fed up of windows....maybe I want to learn something else..... Indeed.

Oh really? If they are that crowded with coders over there, maybe people like Xander and I should harass them with our ideas. After all, it isn't as if uniform assignments have worked since Pets, is it? I've wondered for a long time why no one has tried to use the standard dormant work outfit to bypass the bugged storage of uniforms with business lots. The purpose of even setting it up that way boggles me to this day and the bug has stopped me from playing businesses.

It's not a usual haunt of mine though, I find their stuff to be a bit too "challenge" and "scenario" oriented, whereas I am more concerned with bug fixes and improvements on gameplay logic/mechanics. That and having total say in how everything and everyone looks. Big Grin

Oh, BTW, Xander, guess what name popped into my head to rename a sim called Xavier Byall or something?

Sorry, that is a members only option