What started you simming?
#11 23-03-2012 
I was entrenched in Queer as Folk fandom on livejournal around the time Sims 2 came out. Someone there had gotten the game, made sims of the 2 main QAF characters, and was posting pics of their antics. It looked like SO much fun, being able to play with our fave characters like that. I pestered her with tons of questions about the game.

"Can you make them look however you want?" (Yes!)

"What are those things above their heads?" (Plumbobs!)

"Why is there a toilet in the living room?" (The walls are down.)

Then someone posted a video and I heard 'em speaking Simlish for the first time. That sealed the deal. I ordered the game from Amazon and downloaded the free preview version of Bodyshop. I'd simmed Oprah, Julia Roberts, and Sipowicz from NYPD Blue before the game arrived in the mail.

When the game arrived I made my own little versions of our 2 fave QAF characters. Soon realized there were not many suitable clothing options for them in the game or on download sites, so I started to make my own. And never stopped.

#12 23-03-2012 
There was a game review for this new game called The Sims (1) in a magazine. It got a very good score. A few months later there was a copy in the bargain bin for a reasonable price. We had already played Sim City, Sim Earth, Sim Ant, Sim Amusement Park, and a couple of other titles so we decided to give it a try.
Ghost, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Mar 2012.

#13 30-03-2012 
I started with Simcity and Simcity 2000. Playing mayor was lots of fun, still play Simcity 2000 every now and then. Then, together with my daughter, i bought the Sims 2. still love the game, and still play it. (with all the addons and such, by now) My computer is not good enough for the Sims 3, so never played that game so far.

But the game would be a lot less fun without all the custom content, and all the mods that for me add to the fun.
engelina-c, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Feb 2012.

#14 11-04-2012 
Well, my first boyfriend had a friend that told him about TS1, and he started playing it and introduced me to it. So we ended up collecting EPs as they came out (lived together at the time.) For whatever reason, he never ended up playing MM as we were living in separate cities by then. TS2 was the same thing, he only made it to Pets or Seasons, whereas I have every EP and SP installed. With TS3 though, I never made it past the previews before deciding I had no interest, because of their pudding faces and not liking the idea that there were no separate lots (a single lot is enough mischief to keep an eye on) and that because of this most meshes were actually lower poly than TS2. I could not overcome the disappointing look of the game, nor am I impressed with the sorry grab for cash that is the online store, which basically does no more than hawk often broken remeshes as I've never known an item to actually function any differently from those already in the game (I know the TS2 store was the same way, didn't care for it then much, either.)

#15 08-05-2012 
I started playing Sims 1 in Sep 2000. I'd just finished a really good adventure game about the Titanic, and was going in for another one. The guy at the store was raving about the Sims, and he said - it's so realistic, they even need to go to the toilet! LMAO There was Sims, and LL, so I bought the one, installed it and started playing it that afternoon. I didn't go to bed that night. The next day I went back and got LL. I haven't really stopped playing Sims since.

I play sims for it's creative input, for its building and design ability, and for it's storytelling ability. It's the first and only game I've ever found that hit all 3 major buttons.

I love all 3 sims games even now. I've been known to go back and play sims 1. I play Sims 3, and I've just reinstalled TS2 because I miss my hood.

#16 05-06-2012 
My husband bought the Sims Complete Collection for me (probably back in 2007) since I liked simulation games. I had never heard of it but he had played it a bit when it was new and thought I would like it. It was terrible--the girl I was playing would not stop crying. She had no friends, wouldn't do anything I told her to do, the plants died, all of the patio furniture caught on fire (which I spent all my money on trying to cheer her up--'cause new furniture cheers me up) and what didn't burn up was stolen--I was scared to death when that creepy burglar music started! I loved every minute of it.

But I seriously needed some cheats and a walk through for the game so I started searching online and discovered rosebud;;;;;; LOL which I thought was great fun and when I went back to search for more cheats I found there was a Sims 2. Went online and ordered the Deluxe version that was bundled with BV and I loved it even more. Quickly bought up the remaining expansion packs and all of the stuff packs and have been a big fan ever since.

#17 31-08-2012 
  • Another Youngin
Ow, sweet story...
It was a lovely 2006 or 2007 or 2005 or whatever summer. This year I was a lot at my grandmother's house, where my fave cousin also live. We usually did things with her cat (maybe it's the reason of my catlove) and with her computer. I remember we laughted a lot with Microsoft Encarta, thus learned a lot of things. And also, she had The Sims 2 (but not a legal copy, thus Strangetown didn't work for her). We were a lot of time creating sims and (using cheats) moving them to the best houses and customizing them.
Then, one or two years later, my parents bough me The Sims 2! I was very happy and did a lot of things. This same year, for chrismas, another cousin bought me Pets. More fun! (though it's the expansion i hate more). And the next year, for my birthday, I wanted a lot OFB, but it wasn't at the shop, so my dad bought me Seasons (love it). Then, when my father had the pneumotorax (some of us know this story) and he was at a Barcelona hospital (we don't live there, we live in a nearer town), me and my mum went to a Barcelona's hotel and usually we were visiting him, but we also went to Fnac, a game shop, and here my mum bought me OFB.
Then, the 2009, my father bough me The Sims 3. And the next year I bought at EA Store (there wasn't origin yet) World Adventures and Ambitions. And 2010, 2011 and 2012, I bought the rest of the TS2 EPs and SPs for a very low price, and downloaded the TS3 at origin: actually I got them all but I don't want to install them all for preventing the game to crish crash.
Oh, nostalgia. Tongue

#18 31-08-2012 
My younger sister use to play the Sims 1 (a long time ago). I had bought her a few of the Sims 1 games, but had never been interested in Sims 1. I spotted Sims 2 Pets one day and thought it looked cool. I decided to get it and the Sims 2 base game. After playing for a short time I was hooked. I bought every other expansion & stuff pack. It wasn't long after than I started creating.
Sailfindragon, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2012.

#19 31-08-2012 
In 1999-2000 used to buy the computer magazines for free games, in a magazine there was a preview of The Sims 1 and bought the game after a few months Big Grin

Since then I've become a big fan, following the series. I downloaded tons of files, mods, hacks, clothes, make up, houses ecc and many times the game then did not work for conflict.

Then in 2004 came The Sims 2, but, in my opinion, the "real" sim is only the first,The Sims 1.

Lately I had a little left to lose but finding the LeeFish site I came back desire to play.

#20 10-09-2012 
I started out with Sims Busting Out on playstation (yikes!) and then bought the Sims 2 for pc when it came out for my kids. They never really played it and it was only a couple of years later that I thought I'd give it another go. Then discovered cc, then discovered actually making cc and that was it, I have been hooked ever since.

Sorry, that is a members only option