No Pet Learning Once Fully Trained?
#11 02-06-2011 
Funny that you should ask that, Xander, because I just found out what was going on in the second hood that 'broke down'. Every time I sent a sim to a comm lot, every single lighting fixture there started to throw an endless stream of error pop-ups, and the only way to stop them was by clicking "Delete" on every one of them, effectively destroying all lamps on the lot! Apparently, a mod I recently added (by Numenor, of all people) was wreaking havoc... I'm gonna try and find out WHY that error pops up, because I can't imagine Numenor doing a sloppy job like that.

And I know what you mean about losing those pixel peeps... Yes, they're merely virtual folks, game elements, bunches of computer generated pixels, but even so... You've built them up from the ground up, you've been with them through everything they've been through, and they mean something to you! My sims are very important to me; whenever I lose one, I feel like abandoning the game and never starting it up again. And as a 52 year old guy, I should know better, don't you think?

#12 03-06-2011 
Yeah that is very unlike Numenor, I've never had a bad mod from him. I have a mod that makes all community lights stay on and it's never produced an error...*knocks on wood.* I've only had a couple of mods that didn't work out but none of them ever broke my hood, if anything it was something I did because let's face it I only know how to use mods but not how they work.

I have a hard time of letting my Sims die naturally, so when the time comes for them to die of old age it's kinda hard. I do try to let them live a long life and if possible let them die in platinum aspiration and give their graves a place to stay.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#13 03-06-2011 
That mod wouldn't be this one, would it? Because that's the one that causes some odd problem for me.
I've now tried playing that same hood without this mod, and everything is normal again!

I've so far had only two sims die 'naturally': the old crone in Strangetown (can't recall her name atm) died of old age, and one young adult died of starvation long ago! But I'm actually referring to sims I lost as a result of accidents/errors/mistakes, like accidentally wiping a hood off my disk, or a fatal error while saving my game, for example. Those accidents are the hardest to live with, because those sims were meant to achieve more than they had a chance to do. Losing my first couple of teen witches, Danita Shack (daughter of Zack Shack and Daisy McCarthy) and Junior Dreamer (son of Darren Dreamer and the PT), was the hardest shock I've had to endure, but I also miss Yvette Lothario (firstborn daughter of Don Lothario and Ivy Copur) and her butt-ugly boyfriend.

#14 03-06-2011 
Actually I use this mod for my community lot lighting needs ->linkage and I don't have it produce any errors.

I hate losing Sims that way the most but it still stings a bit when I finally decided to let them go naturally. I've lost far too many neighbourhoods to my ignorance on modding the game when I shouldn't or by not removing certain mods properly.

I swear we need a forum where we can just talk Sims stuff because we totally took over this thread with our ramblings lol.

#15 03-06-2011 
OK OK OK - Sims stuff on its way Smile
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#16 03-06-2011 
Xander, please don't worry about taking over this thread. This corner of the universe is mine (people can request mods from me here), and I don't see a problem Smile I haven't forgotten what the thread was originally about, and if there's anything worth mentioning on that subject, I'll return this thread to the topic.

Ah, so you use something completely different! Pity, because I had hope that if Numeor's mod worked for you, I might have been able to get it to work in my game as well. I've been examining this piece of work closely, and I can't find ANYTHING wrong with it, but it keeps causing errors if I keep it in my game. But the good news is, removing this mod at least saved me from having to destroy that hood as well.

#17 04-06-2011 
Good to hear BO, I worry about most things anyways so I can't help it lol.

Could it be the mod you are using is conflicting with another mod? Because I've noticed that some mods just do not play well with others at all! Big Grin

#18 04-06-2011 
@Xander - yes, that would be my first thought...but it's NUMENOR...he doesn't usually make dodgy stuff. Colour me shocked.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#19 04-06-2011 
Actually, the mod doesn't conflict with anything else, according to the HCDU... The only way I could find what mod it was, was opening the M&G objects.package and finding the original EA version of the BHAV that threw the error. I then copied that BHAV into a test-mod.package and put that in my downloads folder. After that, HCDU pointed out which mod conflicted with the test-mod.package. That was the only way to find the offending mod!

And I say this again: I can find nothing wrong in Numenor's mod; it looks all perfectly fine and should work as advertised. Still, for some reason completely beyond my perception, it does NOT. So colour me confused!

#20 05-06-2011 
*blinks*
*looks at BO's link*
*shakes head & blinks again*

Holy cheese!!!!

I use that very same mod!!!

Numenor's version of Dizzy's "Smarter Lights" mod has been in my game for literally years now (right along side GunMod's Lighting mod) & I never noticed it doing anything strange at all...but am wondering if that's because I have been "dinking around" more than actually playing much lately?

I am seriously starting to have heart palpitations now & wondering if I need to watch out for something I didn't realize I should be watching out for...if that even makes any sense!

I have testingcheats enabled at start up, so I should have seen something...right? I'm sure I've taken Sims to community lots since installing M&G....haven't I?

EEEKK!!!

What lots did you notice this on? Older ones (from NL/etc) newer ones (from AL) Maxis or custom....or did it matter?

Anything special about the Sims used? Maybe I can try & re-create the experience on my PC & see what happens?

Ack! I am seriously going in circles now, aren't I?

*takes a deep breath & curls in a ball & whimpers*

*has sudden flashback to a semi-similar problem*

I do recall a frustrating period a few years back when the game would crash whenever I tried to enter a college community lot that had a swimming pool on it (those Maxis-made "gym" lots) which my research reveled to be linked to some glitch having to do with those stupid Maxis pool lights for whatever reason. (This was only a problem in college hoods & damned if I remembered what the heck I did to fix things...but I swear I did at some point!)

Just looked at MATY (shudder!) & supposedly JMP's "poollightfix" addressed something like that...but since that's already included in Numenor's mod I guess that's pretty useless, eh?

Think I will shut up for now & get my head back on straight!
***Proud member of Leefish since Oct 2010***
**Queen of the Reticulated MoonBat Society**
***Long Live the Wolves & all Wild Canines!***

Sorry, that is a members only option