No Pet Learning Once Fully Trained?
#21 05-06-2011 
Sweetie, you're playing with testingcheats on, so if anything was wrong you would most certainly know about it... It's kind of hard to not see the never ending stream of error pop-ups.

The first time I noticed, was when I visited a hobby lot (Peerless Park, the Nature lot), but I've tried other lots as well, and they all did the same for me...

#22 05-06-2011 
Peerless Park, eh?

*scribbles note to self*

I must confess I have only had two Sims visit any hobby lots (Chester Gieke, who was looking to increase his robotic skills & Olive Specter who was on the prowl for a last fling) & was less than impressed with the whole setup.

I dunno...I guess I thought the whole "secret lot" thing was interesting in Uni, slightly predictable in BV & worn very thin by FT...although the AL magic lots do make sense too.

Just never been that enamored with those hobby lots (most likely because you can't make your own default replacements) but am thinking I will have to put Peerless Park on my list of things to test, once I get into test-mode again....
***Proud member of Leefish since Oct 2010***
**Queen of the Reticulated MoonBat Society**
***Long Live the Wolves & all Wild Canines!***

#23 05-06-2011 
Thanks for being willing to check, sweetie, but I don't think it will change much. As I said, all other comm lots I tried had the same issue for me. Since you never noticed this problem on other lots, I don't think you will find it on hobby lots, either.

I agree with you that some of these lots aren't quite up to specs, in that there's stuff missing, some stuff is built/laid out poortly, and such. But still I do like them, because enthousiasm gain on these lots is much faster than at home, and it *is* an excellent way to meet pixel-people with similar interests. Just a pity that you need to gain 5 points of enthousiasm first, before being allowed to go there, though, but on the other hand - just like with skills - the first few points are gained fast enough. And as you said: there's nothing we can do about those crappy lots. So IMHO we might as well use whatever's available... And the Nature lot at least allows fishing for those that don't have a pond at home... Free food, fast Nature gain, and scoring for that blasted badge! Wink

#24 05-06-2011 
Yeah, but redoing some of those lots wouod be awesome .. Zirconia if anything i coukd rebuild them as community lots lol

#25 05-06-2011 
I agree, being able to redo them would be great. But that's just the point: nobody has quite found out how to make that work Sad

#26 06-06-2011 
Actually it is possible to re-do those lots, but the problem is that you have to wait until the "Hobby Leader" for the lot has been created, which is what makes it so tricky to make any default replacements. (Well, that & there's the whole process you have to first go through to get the "stealth" hobby-hood to show up so you can edit the lots in the first place. Still, it is a do-able thing.)

Without default replacements, you are basically doomed to go through the painfully tedious editing process in every neighborhood...and quite frankly, the lots just don't annoy me that much! I've got enough on my plate with my customized Townie/NPC obsession to worry about those silly hobby lots!

Have to say though that I agree with the "level 5 requirement" being lame! Isn't the whole point of a hobby club to try & encourage new people to join? By the time you are "level 5" I would hardly call you a "new" hobbyist! Personally, I think you should be given access by level 3...but then again, I also thought it was wrong to make butlers borderline pedophiles, so what do I know!
***Proud member of Leefish since Oct 2010***
**Queen of the Reticulated MoonBat Society**
***Long Live the Wolves & all Wild Canines!***

#27 06-06-2011 
Well, at least you're aware by now that I agree where the pedophiles are concerned Wink The point about the hobby lots is: you can't make replacements. Sure, you can rebuild the lot. But next time you make a new neighborhood, you'll have to do it all over again... A true replacement would have the ability to be reused...

#28 06-06-2011 
* levini thinks he was misunderstood
I didnt intend them to be replacements. I intended them to be as a lot any ol' sim can use lol. Also we gotta make a lol marco for pedobutler . I'll get one up tomorrow

#29 06-06-2011 
Sorry Lev, the rest of us (the grown-ups, lol) were talking about replacement for the hobby lots. Transforming them to normal comm lots is easy enough, but it just isn't quite the same.

#30 06-06-2011 
That's very interesting - I never really played FreeTime, so I don't use the lots much. Is it one of those things where you can edit the lot file in SIMPE? for example, make a lot and then assign it the id of the secret hobby lot?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

Sorry, that is a members only option