Skilling object teach/be taught BHAV botchery - halp!
#11 29-06-2011 
NixNivis;6548 Wrote:Right now, my statue only has menus in English and Swedish, and that is quite illogical when I'm surrounded by Dutch speakers. Wink

Hah, call that "Surrounded by Dutch speakers" Big Grin I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only true Dutchman on site. And even *I* have installed my game in English, like I've even installed Windows in English... I always have and always will.

But I'll look into that, dear. No worries Smile

#12 29-06-2011 
Prutser!! Prutser is truly Dutch Smile
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#13 29-06-2011 
See?! Three people who speak Dutch = surrounded by Dutch speakers. At least considering how many I meet in real life. Wink

I've made a leeetle progress on my statue; now the person who is being taught will at least start contemplating the teachings of Surak - but in the queue, it doesn't actually look as if s/he's being taught anything. And the teacher Sim isn't teaching, there's nothing in his queue. Sad

I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a case for Echo or some other object modding guru... will people be horrifically offended if I ask her for help?
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#14 29-06-2011 
Well I wouldn't be. Echo is rather good on this kind of thing. Does no harm to ask, and if you find out you could tell us.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#15 29-06-2011 
Of course we would be offended, but life deals us lemons anyway, so we best make use of them! (kidding!)

I've always maintained that I'm not much of an object modder, so if you want to call in professional help, please be my guest. I'm the first to admit that I'm not much help in these matters, so go on ahead, dear! Smile

#16 29-06-2011 
NixNivis;6572 Wrote:See?! Three people who speak Dutch = surrounded by Dutch speakers.

Four! Although I do mostly lurk.

#17 29-06-2011 
Eva, schat!!!

How could I forget YOU of all people, the one who made my BYOOTIEFOOL signature!

#18 29-06-2011 
eefje00704;6575 Wrote:Four! Although I do mostly lurk.

As long as you lurk in Dutch. Wink And four = a school.

Lee and BO, thanks. Heart I do distinctly recall Echo telling someone in one of her tut threads that there wouldn't be a problem making two Sims interact with each other and the object (yeah, that's easy for her to say Tongue ), so I have some hopes. I'll certainly keep you updated on any eventual progress!

But first I'm going to clone. Every. Single. Object. With a teach/ask to be taught function, and see if I can figure out what it is I've missed. 'Cause I'm stubborn that way. Smile

#19 29-06-2011 
Ah, that's so lovely about true TS2 modders: they just refuse to give up, unless it's ABSOLUTELY the last remaining option!!! Heart

#20 29-06-2011 
Actually, it's not just with modding I'm like that. Smile I can be... slightly obsessive with most things at times. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option