Skilling object teach/be taught BHAV botchery - halp!
#21 29-06-2011 
Oh, yes. I can absolutely relate to that Smile

When I get up (at whatever time of day that I get up), the first thing that happens, is to switch on my PC, so it will be up and running by the time I've visited "Fonzy's office". Once I'm ready to get to "work", I'll be chained to my machine for as long as it takes to either get a certain job done, or get completely washed out from exhaustion! Sometimes, that means I'll be going on for 30 or more straight hours, before I see my bed again.

Obsessive? What makes you think THAT??? Rofl

#22 29-06-2011 
OHHHH. Its a social interaction thing. There is a tutorial for that

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=111124

EDIT

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=208885
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#23 29-06-2011 
@BO, I think we're cut from the same cloth. Smile Stupid chronic illness sometimes make me reach the exhaustion stage much faster than I'd like, but when it doesn't, quitting just isn't an option. And today's a good day, so... * Nix nods decisively

@Lee, why didn't I think of that?! Of COURSE, that has to be it!! Celebrate I'm going to check out the tuts right away! I'll be back! Heart
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#24 29-06-2011 
See? I wouldn't have thought of that, because I'm not too wise when it's about objects... Of course, the teaching/being taught stuff is a social, and would therefor requires special consideration!

Well, I know exactly who's giving the better answers here Smile

#25 29-06-2011 
@Lee, unfortunately one of the tuts is for adding brand new interactions directly to Sims (and while my Sims are interacting with each other, they do it by way of object), and the other is assuming a little too much between steps for a noob like me to understand it completely (even though I think it's going in the same direction as the first one). But those are the only tuts I, too, could find at MTS that was coming close, so I guess I'm out of luck tut-wise. Sad

And I've picked apart every singled darned teaching BHAV I could find, and I STILL can't figure out what I'm missing. I think next stop is going to have to be Echo after all. Undecided

#26 29-06-2011 
Well, I was just out being social (Japanese foods - yum) - but will also take a look at the object. Any of the career objects would do I guess?

#27 29-06-2011 
ZOMG, how dare you put Real Life before The Sims?!? Tongue

Just kidding, of course! Thanks! Heart

Yep, any of the career objects where Sims can teach/be taught will do (even though some of them are more confusing than others to a BHAV noob like me, like the biotech station with its vial IDs and whatnot). When I cloned the fingerprint scanner and the lie detector, though, they didn't have those BHAVs even though Sims can use them to teach and be taught - don't ask me how that works. Huh

Here is the latest version of my object - the one where the Sim being taught will actually start contemplating the statue (but without being taught), and the teaching Sim still won't do anything. The fifth operand in the Teach - Init line in both the Teach and Be Taught BHAVs is somehow involved here (interaction #), because it was when I changed it to 02 that the Sim being taught suddenly started contemplating, but I haven't been able figure out exactly how it is involved or what it actually means (the career object I've checked have all had different values for that one).

Oh, the Ask to Teach Test has two lines that the career objects don't, since I don't want children to be able to teach and also that Sims should have reached a certain level of logic before they can do so. No teaching is happening whether they're in there or not, though, so whatever is messing things up in general, it ain't them (which isn't to say they aren't a contributing factor, but I don't think so).

And now this little Nixie is going to bed. Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite! (Or bed schnauzers, as the case might be - she's already claimed my pillow. Wink )

#28 29-06-2011 
aww a shnauzer - I guess we should have a pets thread.

AHEM.

* leefish scurries back to the object

#29 30-06-2011 
Is it just me, or was that red Not Solved text not there before?

I've now gone waaahing in Echo's Making a Better Interaction thread (this felt more like a problem on that level than on the BHAV 101 one). Let's see what comes of it - I'll keep you updated!

#30 30-06-2011 
Hi Nix - yea, it was image based before - but trying to cut down on images.....

Sorry, that is a members only option