• Pause Overlay Replacement
  • Uploader:
sims2 #1
Did you see it? Did you notice that the game was paused?

One of the things I have done since I first began playing the game is pausing it before I save and quit. It is my belief that if animations aren't running when the lot loads it will load faster. Maybe I'm crazy but I still do it until this day. With that being said, I like knowing my game is paused but at the same time the red lines just ruin pictures taken with image capture software such as Fraps.

This is my solution:
  • Minimal UI change that is noticable, yet not blaringly obvious.
  • White is as neutral a hue as any, I like to think of it as time is frozen.
  • Lose the total border, but instead focus on the corners and lose the rounded corners.
  • Two new icons are used, which are found here -> Mono Icons - Tutorial 9

For those who don't want any lines at all there is the "No Red Pause Lines", but now dear Simmers you have another option and like all great mods it's a simple find it and delete it and it's gone, no changing important files that might cause the game to crash. We all know what that is like Sad

Cloned Sims 2 Base Game UI - Tested using Mansions & Garden Stuff

As always comment/PM if you run into any issues. Feedback is always welcome Big Grin

All my stuff if free to use and to enjoy just never,ever,EVER upload it to a paysite. Why make poor unsuspecting people pay for stuff like this? You are also free to change, edit or otherwise modify stuff I upload as long as you credit me we are 5x5. :D

Also if you got it from Leefish please link back to that site so more people can discover the awesome. That is all. :D

Screenshots
Pause Overlay Replacement Screenshot Pause Overlay Replacement Screenshot Pause Overlay Replacement Screenshot Pause Overlay Replacement Screenshot Pause Overlay Replacement Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 6.22 KB | File Name XGC-Replacement Pause Overlay.rar | # of Downloads 8,268  

Comments
#5 19-08-2011
ALSO - thats my door!!!!

#6 19-08-2011
XanderGC;8295 Wrote:Hmm it is a tad small but I was thinking of the screenshot taking aspect.

I realize that, my friend. And I also understand that, from a photographer's pov, the red borders are upsetting/annoying.

But usually, the camera will be centered on the most interesting detail of the scene. Thus, the point of interest is in the center of the screen, where the borders will not obstruct the view. That's why I don't mind them: the way *I* see it, they're never in the way of anything important Smile

Anyway, this is a very good alternative. I like it!

#7 19-08-2011
I totally hear you BO, like I said before though I never had the need for a "no pause lines" mod until I started wanting to share stuff I made, then it was like "why did those lines have to be there?" Especially with closeup images where the border clearly is in the way. I do like alternatives though, more than one way to do anything is like the why the Sims 2 community began.

Update: So far every attempt to increase the size of the pause button has resulted in a cut-off image. I'm at a loss for how to increase the size for now. Sad

@Lee - Really? Well that is just awesome lol. Me - That's my PC Screen Replacement!!! and my Coffee cup replacement!!! and my Simlish HTC HD7 Replacement!!! Wink

#8 20-08-2011
Very nice, Xander! As someone who takes a lot of screenshots, I use the "no red pause lines" mod because yes, those lines do get in the way, a lot. This is a nice, sleek alternative. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option