A genie problem
#1 20-08-2011 
  • Registered
Hi BO, a while back when I was sorting my huge mods folder, we briefly discussed the servo change appearance mod and jaxad0127's no npc revert. When looking them over at the time I discovered that jaxad0127's mod pretty much wipes out the whole NPC put outfit on my test from the get-go.

I recently discovered that this borks the freetime genie. While trying to figure out what was causing my problem I searched and found this: http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardeno...ic=20813.0

After reading I tested with the no npc revert mod removed and sure enough that was the problem.

My request: Since jaxad0127 seems to have left the sims do you think you could look it over and see if you can figure a fix? Perhaps something as simple as just adding the genie related tests from the original behav?

Thanks.

#2 21-08-2011 
I think it might be helpful if you'd describe what "borks the freetime genie" actually means, as in: what happens? And *what* the heck was the problem?

Also, is there an error report to go with it that helps me figure out what to do?

#3 21-08-2011 
  • Registered
What borks the genie is that the mod prevents NPCs, servos, and really anything that uses said test, from changing into whatever they're supposed to when they arrive, or from changing back if anything changes it such as plan outfit or change appearance.

In this case I never directly messed with the genie's appearance so it's messed him up from the get-go. Instead of appearing in his top only Arabian vest, with nothing but smoke below the waist, he appears in some other maxis full body outfit as seen in the picture in the thread I linked.

If you're too busy it's not that big of a problem, since I rarely use the genie, but like I said on simbology, never hurts to ask.

#4 21-08-2011 
Now see, THAT's what I needed to know: he looks like in that thread at GoS!

When I get to it, I'll see if I can include some test so the genie will not be affected by that mod.

Sorry, that is a members only option