sims2 #1
I have been all inspired by Phae's Apocalypse Challenge Smile

Anyway, I was thinking about what I would do if I survived the apocalypse. I would of course go and find a defensible house and hide there - but I live in a city, and everyday I see all these grand buildings that I could never afford to live in. I was thinking that yea, the looters would come and trash the interior and take all they could - but are they really going to steal windows and doors? Walls? Maybe the building structure would get damaged, but the shell of a lovely building would remain. I could live there.....

So, it was this thinking that inspired this lot. Its not really compatible with the apocalypse challenge as the lot is too small and is on lush ground - but I tend to ignore rules that mean I can't have pretty.

The house is amazingly cheap - this is because all the BUILD is depreciated - my sim lived in it for 5 days while I was testing. I moved the sim out and replaced all the buy stuff. I used BoilingOil's Revised version of Pixelhate's amazing wall overlays - now the grunge costs NOTHING, it does not boost room score and sims don't spend their time admiring grunge Tongue

BACKSTORY
I have to have a backstory or I can't build... Hmmm. Well, I think that this building was originally the Town Office - a fairly grand building with an office for sim visitors to come and complain about how the town was being run and an upstairs offices for the mayor and the staff to sit about doing nothing in. The main indicator for this is the Plumbob Arch at the top of the posh staircase and the remains of a pretty Art Deco type separator (in the "living/skilling" area).

Lot Size: 2x1
Lot Price: 19917

Custom Content List(Click to View)
Additional Credits:
Lot Resized using Lot Adjuster

The gang on leefish for being encouraging, Phae for thinking of this challenge Smile

Please do:
  • Include my objects in your lots
  • Use the objects etc in pictures/machinima/stories
  • Let me know if you recolour one of my items so I can post a link in the upload thread.
Please don't:
  • Share the files as downloads
  • Include my meshes with your recolours unless you ask me first.

Requests?
You can ask me HERE

Screenshots
Simton Town Office Screenshot Simton Town Office Screenshot Simton Town Office Screenshot Simton Town Office Screenshot Simton Town Office Screenshot Simton Town Office Screenshot Simton Town Office Screenshot  
Download link
Filesize 1.19 MB | File Name The Town Office.rar | # of Downloads 361  

Comments
#5 29-08-2011
Woo Hoo! I am soooo happy you upload it here. Celebrate

#6 29-08-2011
I like lots that are interesting and this lot is captivating and fuels the imagination.
I know what you mean about having a back story.
I have to do that with the simmies I make as well.
Thank you for posting it here.
Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option