sims2 #1
Do you recognize this?

You tell your sim to call someone, and there's that friggin' message that the target sim has no phone, and that you can't call sims that have no phone.
Now you can either quit the current household, move into the target sim's household (if they have one) and buy them a phone, or you can use some cheats to get that sim over, and slip a cell phone in their pocket... Rather annoying, isn't it?

No more of that! Phones for All simply pretends that all teens and older that do NOT live at the current lot, own a cell phone. So, as long as the target isn't a child, and you know them, you can call them, ALWAYS! Whether they really have a phone or not!

NOTE: Since cell phones were introduced in the University EP, you need to have at least UNI or one later EP/SP installed for this mod to work. Base Game just won't cut it.

UPDATE: Februari 15, 2012: The initial version had a 'feature'; due to an omission on my part, it treated sims of the current family as if they ALSO had cell phones. This was nice when the sim was called, because you could see their butt ring, even if they did NOT have a cell phone. But it was not so nice when you wanted them to call someone, because they didn't actually have the device. Also, it prevented you from using cheats to actually give them a cell phone! The new version addresses this issue!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Phones for All Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 346 bytes | File Name BO - Phones for all.zip | # of Downloads 7,516
File Updated 15-02-2012

Comments
#25 20-10-2014
It is strange that this should happen, Soriya, because binned sims are part of the target group that I designed this mod for in the first place.

It should not matter at all, but just for the record, I'd like to know if the sim in the bin already has a cell. Also, I think it may be important to know which all EPs/SPs you have installed, and if you're running from the Ultimate Collection or not.

Finally, I'd like you to check in at Paladin's Place and get the HCDU (Hack Conflict Detection Utility) from the Sims 2 Programs section. Run that program, and if there is ANY conflict that points at my mod, attach the ENTIRE hackreport.txt file to a message in my Garage. If there is anything I can do, you have my word that I will!

#26 20-10-2014
  • Registered
Thank for helping me look into this matter.

I did used HCDU to check last night and this is what I got. Please let me know if the link works. I checked it before I did the 50/50 so that's why I don't think it was any hack conflicts.

As I've said, when I've tested the mod alone, the sim would just pick up the phone and put it back.

I am not using the Ultimate Collection but I do have all EPs/SPs. The sim in the bin doesn't have a cell and I've tried to call other sims in the bin as well. No luck.

I'm starting to wonder if it's actually the game's internal files. The mod had worked fine before. It's just recently that I'm having this problem. I don't know if the mod is corrupted either because I did redownload and tested the file after I discovered this problem.

#27 22-10-2014
Oh cripes... THAT really hurt the grey goo between my ears! Are you kidding me? 185 (!) possible conflicts, are you serious? I'm surprised your game still runs!

I think it's time you looked at each set of conflicting mods (especially when there are four or five conflicting with eachother), and removed the ones that are least important to you. Because this situation is not healthy and must eventually lead to big problems, where the game can no longer figure out how to handle a situation. The end result could be something like this issue we're discussing right now. But it could be a lot worse, too. This is a train wreck waiting for a good time to happen!

Anyway, for this problem, I think it might help if you renamed the BoilingOil folder to something like zzBoilingOil, and the zLoadLast folder to zzzLoadLast. Only very few mods should ever be in that zzz-etc folder: the few that absolutely NEED to be loaded after mine. But most other mods should be loaded before mine.

Also, I see you have quite a number of dickhurt- and df- (dumbfuck, sorry, that's what he calls himself there) mods in your game... They are both the same person, and most of their mods need very special attention in order not to break stuff. I am a modder, and even *I* never got most of them to work properly. I would think VERY hard, if I were you, which ones of these you can absolutely not live without, and remove the rest.

Also, do you have my BO - No Sim Loaded mod in your game? It's a good way to automatically destroy a lot of corrupting bloat from your game and prevent it from building up again.

#28 22-10-2014
  • Registered
Haha, I know. It's a lot, isn't it. Fortunately, I had no problems for many years now, so I never took a chance to look into it. But I will take your advice and take a look at it. I'm usually very careful about what I add and haven't add anything to my modding folder for so long that I'll eventually forgets about what I have. I guess that might be the problems, lol.

As for df, I will look into it. I like his mod cause it allows some realism in my game and I haven't been able to find anything alternate options to what he offered. I guess it comes down to whether I can live without it not or. Since it may be causing problems, I think I can live without it. haha.

Yes, I have BO - No Sim Loaded mod in my game. I think I survived somewhat on that.

Anyway, for this problem, I uninstalled my game and then cleaned installed everything. Then I put ONLY your hack into the game, load the game file and got the same problem.

At parent's lot, the sims will just pick up the phone and put it back down. At uni lot, the sim is able to make the call, but he would get the "sim don't own phone" diaglogue. I'm finding it strange that one household could make the call and other can't. So I load another family's lot and tried to have one of the sim called him. I got the same dialogue as when I tried on the UNI lot.

Sorry, that is a members only option