sims2 #1
Do you recognize this?

You tell your sim to call someone, and there's that friggin' message that the target sim has no phone, and that you can't call sims that have no phone.
Now you can either quit the current household, move into the target sim's household (if they have one) and buy them a phone, or you can use some cheats to get that sim over, and slip a cell phone in their pocket... Rather annoying, isn't it?

No more of that! Phones for All simply pretends that all teens and older that do NOT live at the current lot, own a cell phone. So, as long as the target isn't a child, and you know them, you can call them, ALWAYS! Whether they really have a phone or not!

NOTE: Since cell phones were introduced in the University EP, you need to have at least UNI or one later EP/SP installed for this mod to work. Base Game just won't cut it.

UPDATE: Februari 15, 2012: The initial version had a 'feature'; due to an omission on my part, it treated sims of the current family as if they ALSO had cell phones. This was nice when the sim was called, because you could see their butt ring, even if they did NOT have a cell phone. But it was not so nice when you wanted them to call someone, because they didn't actually have the device. Also, it prevented you from using cheats to actually give them a cell phone! The new version addresses this issue!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Phones for All Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 346 bytes | File Name BO - Phones for all.zip | # of Downloads 7,505
File Updated 15-02-2012

Comments
#29 22-10-2014
That graduated sim in the bin, has he lived in any house even for a second, after leaving Uni? If not, would you try putting him up with some place anywhere and try again? It might be that EA screwed up somehow with sims leaving Uni.

#30 23-10-2014
  • Registered
Okay, the good news? I spent the day going through my mods folder and cleaned/borked many mods. It's been long overdue and I'm glad my folder is much cleaner now. I went from 185 conflicts to 44 conflicts!!! Wish I did this earlier. THIS is now my current "detected possible conflicts" but most have to do with their loading order (which I've fixed) so I believe it's harmless. I chose to keep most of DF's stuff cause I really like the realism of it. If you know of an alternate version, please let me know.

Before I moved the graduated sim back into the game, I thought that maybe my hood maybe corrupted. So I tested the mod from a different neighborhood with a default "Goodies?" family from the family bin and got the same dialogue.

I did what you asked and moved the graduated sim to a lot and then tried calling him from another home with no phone. This time, it worked. At the Uni lot, it also worked. So then I went to another neighborhood, tested it again with a family from the bin and got the same no phone dialogue. So I think this works as long as the sim is on a lot and not the family bin.

#31 23-10-2014
44 conflicts, huh? That's a little better... Smile I have over 500 mods in my game, and some 80-ish of those I have written myself. I have no more than maybe 20 conflicts, and half of these are benign issues, which were deliberately designed that way. Like mods with extra feature packs, where you just *know* that the feature pack must overwrite some part of the main mod...

I love the idea of realism, too. But when I tried to install df's big transportation mod, I immediately had about 200 conflicts. I'm not going to try and fix THAT much realism. Also, the mod threw lots of errors, and on his thread at MTS, many people had similar issues, but df wasn't present to help or fix anything. That's too high a price for realism. And I know a ton of people who won't go near that stuff with an insulated 20 feet pole!
He and I are not friends, I can tell you...

Anyway, back to YOUR game: You have got it to work, sort of... At least, now I know that I have something to look into... maybe some day a new version will be available that even allows us to call sims from the bin Smile

#32 23-10-2014
  • Registered
Yes, 39 conflicts is easier to deal with. (I nuked more of DF's stuff, lol.)

I probably have about the same # of mods as your. One thing's for sure, my game sure loads much faster now that's the mod's folder is cleaned and almost all the conflicts had been taken care of. Big Grin

Fortunately, DF's stuff seems to be working for me with no conflicts so far but I've been considering ditching it since this is not the first time I heard the warning about his stuff. I do try to keep his things at the minimum and had removed some I can do without. Now, I only have his strays on comm., car use garage doors and water inaccessible flowers. Will any of these files bonk my game in the long run? Hack detector don't seem to find any conflicts with it, one of the reason why I continued to use it.

Yes, it seems that I managed to get a work around with Phone for All, but I wish I can return to using with the family bin again. I wondered what happened since it worked for some time. Thank you for helping me with matter until now. And thank you for your advices. My game runs much better now. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option