Requests
#11 09-12-2013 
  • Registered
Oh... that's okay. Thank you for letting me know. I really hope cmo will, he would seriously make my holiday a lot brighter. My hubby is on tour for fifteen months (only a month has passed since he left) so playing with him in my game and recreating our house for our sim selves to live in has really been filling in my loneliness. I miss him like crazy... sorry if that was too much information but yeah...

#12 09-12-2013 
aww, no is no too much information. My biggest problem really is that I don't have the TS3 game installed or any of the associated programs to mod it. I do know how and am willing to try and help. I would guess that the existing fish tank is a scripted object and so that would need to fixed and making the interactions work with a one tile tank.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=490203

#13 09-12-2013 
@mayhelie - I hope the remaining fourteen months fly by faster for you :'( I can imagine how lonely you must feel!

#14 09-12-2013 
  • Registered
If I knew anything about any of that kind of stuff, I would try but when it comes to coding and such, I'm completely lost. It took me forever to figure out s3pe package merging, lol... a one tile tank would be perfect as mine looks very close to this one.
http://cleardiamondaquariums.com/uploads...185739.jpg

Thank you nanashi, I hope the months fly too and he stays safe. Playing my game with him in it is cheesy but it really does help Smile

#15 06-01-2014 
*waves hands and jumps about for both leefish and michelle*

Hello, I would like to make a door request. I have never created a door before and so I'm not sure if this is a recolour or new mesh request, so I'll ask you both:

Is it possible to do a value door version of the solidity door? With gold, black, and silver handle recolours and no trimmings, i.e., no peephole, numbering, or foot guard? I would really really like to have some office doors with key carded security doors for a project that I'm working on. Also, besides a plain door with a key card handle, is it possible to have a similiar door with a glass window on the side?

I wanted to ask here first before making a request anywhere else. Please let me know if either of you could help me with this. Thank you!
nanashi, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2013.

#16 06-01-2014 
nanashi I don't think it is possible to do this as a recolour, so far I have been unable to recolour the metal bits on the door, I've tried several times in the past without success, it would have to be a default replacement. Also the mapping and TXTR doesn't allow changes like that to be made, sorry. I'm not sure if it's like the apartment door, that door can't be cloned, Lee would probably be the best person to answer that question. Maybe something like Lee's Milk Bottle Apartment Door Model Changer could be made for the solidity door.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 10:53 PM by Michelle.)

#17 06-01-2014 
Nanashi - the milkbottle is PROBABLY perfect. Michelle is right - the Hotel door works in exactly the same way, so you COULD clone the milkbottle (and its code) and make hotel doors changeable. All you need is a different mesh to click on and target the GUID of the hotel door in the BHAVs. As the hotel door is a standard size then you could probably use all the existing door clones - one of which is the Value Door and all its billions of recolors.

#18 07-01-2014 
Quote: I'm not sure if it's like the apartment door, that door can't be cloned...

I didn't realize it couldn't be cloned. It looks like the milk bottle makes other doors act like hotel doors, or am I not understanding the instructions? If that is correct, then I don't think it will help me much. I actually just want the handle from this door on the value door and I want it to work like a normal door (and I want a value door with a glass pane); I don't want it to have hotel BHAVs.

I think then the only request I have is 2 new door meshes with 2 subsets (handle / door). If this is the case, would you be able to take my request, leefish?

#19 07-01-2014 
nanashi recolouring the value door is easy, I might be able to make a dummy plate to go behind the original door handle but can't do anything about the colour.

I did this whilst eating my dinner, first attempt:

You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#20 07-01-2014 
Ok, so the solid door - I can do VERY fast. I can repository it to the Value door. The recolor that Michelle shows above would work on that door, but there will be no light from the glass and the door glass will not be see through. Otherwise I have to make a new door mesh and that takes a BIT longer.

Sorry, that is a members only option