sims2 #1
so, I saw that fansee has been uploading the contents of her downloads folder (the things she made herself of course) and I thought I might jump on the bandwagon. Um yea.

So, I had a look and I found this - it is a street grate.

It is a whopping 12 polygons in size and costs a fairly non-prohibitive 1 simoleon. It is recolourable, but comes with only one recolour and only one subset. Come on - it's a GRATE. Sheesh. You can find it in the buy catalog in deco/miscellaneous.

Special features:
  • Visible from hood view
  • Intersectable by objects and Sims
  • Can be placed on the road in a lot with no cheats.

Í tested on a lot with taxi's and cars - no issues seen as far as blocking portals etc. Enjoy.

Now with an update from Pixelhate - a better Normal map Big Grin

Please do:
  • Include my objects in your lots
  • Use the objects etc in pictures/machinima/stories
  • Let me know if you recolour one of my items so I can post a link in the upload thread.
Please don't:
  • Share the files as downloads
  • Include my meshes with your recolours unless you ask me first.

Requests?
You can ask me HERE

Screenshots
Simple Grate Screenshot Simple Grate Screenshot          
Download link
Filesize 113.75 KB | File Name With NormalMap.rar | # of Downloads 980
File Updated 24-07-2012

Comments
#2 08-04-2012
Damn Lee, I don't know if my computer can handle 12 polygons, it's a little high Wink and one 1 recolour...an orange one? Tongue

#3 08-04-2012
welllll, the one recolour - is um - the default colour. Yea.

#4 08-04-2012
* Nix sits on her hands to try to keep herself from saying something about this being a "grate" download Tongue

Wasn't it possible to reduce the poly count? I mean, 12 polys! Really, what kind of monster computers do you think we have??

Just kidding, of course. Big Grin I really like this, I like to have things that add some realism to my (normal, non-Star Trek) 'hoods. And yay for being able to place it on the road without cheats! Thank you!

Sorry, that is a members only option