sims2 #1
Do *you* think:
  • Servos should be able to catch a cold? I don't!
  • sickness should affect Dead sims? I don't!
  • it's silly for Plantsims to be infected with Poison Ivy? I do!
  • Vampires ought to be immune? So do I!

So here's an alternative to Maxis' idea of sickness. With this file in your mods folder, Servos and Dead sims will NOT get sick, ever. (They both did, originally!)

And Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves, Plantsims and Witches will also be immune, but if you want any of those latter groups to still be able to get sick, you can make it happen. Just open the package in SimPE, and alter the relevant line in the BCON to read 0 in stead of 1.

That's all there is to it!

Update, April 11th, 2012: Two major failures fixed:
  • I failed to include a test for the presence of AL or M&G, and as a result of which errors would occur. FIXED.
  • Disease marker tiles would STILL affect sims that should NOT get sick. FIXED.

The second fix does pose a bit of a snag, though: there are now TWO BCONs, which BOTH must be altered, if you want a certain type of sim to still get sick.

Update, April 12th, 2012: And again, a major fail fixed: Testing the wrong variable will not cause the mod to work very well. Re-download is required. Sorry about that.

NEW: Now also (separately) available - Allergy Controller. Does for allergies what the Immunity Controller does for sickness, and also prevents hoverbots (even custom ones as available at SimWardrobe, for example) from sneezing. Allergy Controller has its own BCON to configure allergies for your sims.

Happy, germ-free simming!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Immunity Controller Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 738 bytes | File Name BO - Immunity Controller.zip | # of Downloads 2,461
File Updated 12-04-2012

Filesize 706 bytes | File Name BO - Allergy Controller.zip | # of Downloads 1,752  

Comments
#2 10-04-2012
OOOH. This is very neat. Thank you BO.

#3 10-04-2012
This makes so much more sense. Thanks, BO! And thanks for the instructions on how to customize it too - that is very helpful since I'd rather not give my witches and werewolves immunity. Smile

#4 10-04-2012
I'm glad the two two of you can appreciate this... there will be more, because it was requested at the Asylum Wink

Sorry, that is a members only option