sims2 #1
I got annoyed by some of the stupid things sims will do, because Maxis logic isn't always... well... LOGICAL.
So several months ago I made this mod, and it's been in my game ever since. I had no intention of sharing it, unless someone started asking about such things. And now, on Simbology, Orilon did. So here's BO - Less Toddler Annoyance.

If a Toddler hasn't at least learned to TALK, they can brabble all they want, but they can NOT autonomously ask for attention, food or a diaper change and hope others will understand them. They speak baby-talk!
But on top of that, there are some more requirements, being:
  • A Toddler needs to be potty-trained, to understand what's wrong about a dirty diaper. A toddler without this training, will NOT autonomously ask for a diaper change.
  • A Toddler's Hunger bar needs to begin turning slightly orange (-20 on a scale of -100..100), before they can ask for food.
  • A Toddler's Social or Hygiene bar needs to begin turning slightly orange (-20 on a scale of -100..100), before they can ask for attention.

Furthermore, because autonomous interruptions never work anyway, NOBODY will autonomously bother a Toddler for "Toss in Air", "Peek-a-boo" or "Huggle" if said toddler is already interacting with another sim or an object! Is the toddler dancing to the radio? Is it following a parent or singing a nursery rhyme by itself? Is it playing with any toy? If any of these is true, others will leave the kid alone unless you TELL them to disturb the rugrat!

And there's more: IF a toddler ever gets to be *allowed* to start asking for attention, food or a diaper change, it will ONLY bug the nanny, a household member OR a blood relative. And even then only if the toddler knows them well enough. Toddlers are a little scared of perfect strangers, and will NOT risk bugging them!

NOTE: HCDU *will* report a number of conflicts with mods such as TwoJeffs' "No Baby Toddler Swarming", or Pescado's "nobabyharrassment". This is perfectly normal. These other mods also do a lot of stuff that my mod does *not* conflict with. So if you load my mod last, you'll have the best of both worlds!

I like my game to make a little sense in my own way. If my way is yours too, then please, enjoy this mod.

UPDATE, April 14th, 2012: Because I originally never intended to upload this, and I have all EPs/SPs, I never cared to check if this mod was suitable for all configurations. Now I *have* checked, and it was NOT! The old version will ONLY work properly if you have AL or M&G installed, and maybe also with any of the multi-packs that are so popular nowadays. Otherwise, it WILL run into problems fairly soon! But now there's a new version that will work if you have at least NL or better installed.

UPDATE, May 20st, 2012: It's cute how toddlers will sometimes follow a parent around. Really, it is! BUT... NOT all day long! The only purpose the "Follow Parent" interaction serves, is to fill the rugrat's social bar. So what the hell is that bug doing, stalking mommy all day, even when her social bar is already at maximum??? Let them go *do* something with their time, even if they're not learning anything from it! So, here's an update that only allows Toddlers to "Follow Parent" when their social bar is below -50 (that's turning orange). Now only badly neglected kids will follow someone around!

And because I realize that this may not be useful for everyone, I've put it up as an alternative version; the NoFollow version. Enjoy!

UPDATE, November 26th, 2016: Ok, long time no see, but here he is again... lordtyger9 was running the game with BV as latest pack (on a Mac), and ran into an issue. Upon closer investigation, it appears that in 2012, when I updated the mod to run without AL/M&G, I omitted an update on the "Toss in Air" interaction.

As of today, that oversight is corrected, for both the normal and the NoFollow versions. The new releases will work if you have at least NL or better installed. However, they REQUIRE Cyjon's Smarter EP Check.

AL/M&G users do NOT need to re-download (although they still may)!

Happy simming!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Less Toddler Annoyance Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 1.63 KB | File Name BO - Less Toddler Annoyance.zip | # of Downloads 1,596
File Updated 26-11-2016

Filesize 1.89 KB | File Name BO - Less Toddler Annoyance - NoFollow.zip | # of Downloads 2,057
File Updated 26-11-2016

Comments
#17 27-11-2016
Of course I respond fast. I hate it when any mod causes a problem. If it's someone else's mod causing trouble in *my* game, I want to see it fixed ASAP. And it's no different when it's my own mod screwing up someone else's game. The sooner it's fixed, the better. I hate it when I must say that I can't find a problem. Because that doesn't help anyone.

#18 04-08-2019
  • Registered
I really like this mod.
But I have found another toddler annoyance I hope you can get rid off.
I hate it when my toddlers keep asking to be read to, even though they haven't learned how to speak yet! Undecided
I hope you can help me with this.

#19 05-08-2019
Hi @Norica,

I agree: it *is* annoying that toddlers ask for stuff without knowing how to talk. But:
1: It is about two years ago that I officially stopped modding. I will put your request on my list, but I can not say with any certainty, if I'll ever get to it.
2: I actually find the whole read-to mechanic a little problematic, because it takes so much time to start or to stop. So I made Curb All Auto Read-To so that reading to toddlers, or toddlers asking to be read to, can only happen if you order them to do so. It has no speech test. Just no autonomous read-to at all! I know it's not entirely what you asked for, but for now, that is the best solution I can offer.

#20 20-08-2019
  • Registered
I will definitely start using the "curb all auto read-to".
Thank you.

Sorry, that is a members only option