Tudor Manor
#31 11-05-2012 
mustluvcatz;12596 Wrote:I come in handy sometimes, don't I?
Definitely!
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#32 11-05-2012 
Michelle;12202 Wrote:The only thing I don't like is the greenhouse roof (wish it was recolourable), it looks out of place.

I find that I often skip the greenhouse roofs for that reason and I tend to favor the white greenhouse walls for their versatility. The game defines a greenhouse as any room with at least 50% greenhouse walls, according to Prima Guide, and the roof makes no difference. That seems a bit reversed to me but it's handy for building.

I could see this place being converted to a Community lot with a bandatron, as a historic building, with a gift shop.

#33 11-05-2012 
I like that idea. I also did not know that about the walls. Interesting (strokes chin)
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#34 11-05-2012 
The stone fence definitely looks good! Big thumbs up for that!

#35 11-05-2012 
Thanks Guys for all the feedback and suggestions. Here are some pics of the new knot garden using nengi's small hedge-fence and I've constructed a gazebo, using phoenix phaerie's ivy. (In the picture I've removed one wall of ivy so that you can see inside.) Not sure I like the gazebo though. If I keep it I'm planning on changing the lamps inside for Lee's lighthouse lights.

Michelle: I like your idea, maybe I could upload as a residence and a community lot? I'd sort of had that thought myself.

#36 11-05-2012 
Karen Lorraine;12604 Wrote:Michelle: I like your idea, maybe I could upload as a residence and a community lot? I'd sort of had that thought myself.

I tend to convert lots, particularly for things like hotels and apartments and such. I rarely can find one I like that's already designed for the purpose. Also most of the houses for download are a bit large so they work better as other things. Mansions are pretty rare in my hoods. I tend to favor apartments over anything else. I try to put most sims in apartments. If they are lucky (i.e. existed before AL Big Grin) they might have a plasticbox house in the suburbs. Any fancier (or larger) stuff they might need is accessible to them by walking to a community lot (Pescado's Community lot skilling is a must) and my way of dealing with those greedy little fortune sims is to buy them the four tile sculpture that they want but make them carry it around in their inventory until they forget how much they wanted it and I can sell it away without the aspiration hit. Then they will just turn around and want it again and I'll buy it again and they can rack up the aspiration points. Wink

Yes, I "motherlode" without hesitation.

#37 11-05-2012 
I actually prefer to play small lots and try not to 'motherlode'. but I have discovered that most downloaders prefer larger lots. And yes, I do convert large houses to apartments and hotels. And I too have loads of plasticbox houses.

#38 11-05-2012 
Well, I only "motherlode" when the game tells me "no." Rofl

#39 11-05-2012 
Bar a few minor cheats, I prefer NOT to cheat. Especially money cheats, because with the way everything in the game can be turned into money, my sims usually get more wealthy than they need to be anyway.

Just one example: I send two teens to college with nothing, and they come home with their fiancées, 1.5 mln aspiration points and §72k cash. Their parents' household already had §150k, so there was no need for these kids to make that much money, yet they did! What reason could I ever have to use money cheats?

#40 11-05-2012 
Well, it usually just comes down to when I want to build. I agree that they can function fine without it otherwise.

I just don't let it stop me when I have an idea of how something should look, particularly if the inhabitants are new.

It used to be, after making a sim or two in bodyshop, I'd find an unoccupied house to move them into and modify it to my taste and what seemed appropriate for the sims I just made, before even playing them. But now, as I said, most everyone who isn't grandfathered into a plasticbox house just gets an apartment anyway. I'm a big fan of apartments and having neighbors around.

Sorry, that is a members only option