Tudor Manor
#1 05-05-2012 
Well this started out as a cottage but I think it grew! Now it's a house that has a cottage attached but the new sim owners have knocked through to create a larger home, well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

There are four bedrooms, a lounge and a large open plan kitchen/dining/family room and one and a half bathrooms. I haven't finished decorating yet. I need to do the floors and add lights and decorative touches and of course the landscaping. I'm thinking of extending the lot at the back and to both sides.

I've tried not to use so much CC in this one but of course I can always up it Smile I tried to use MLCs new round table but it was too large for the area that I had available.

Ideas on how to improve it will be gratefully accepted. I've not playtested yet either.

Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#2 06-05-2012 
I like it so far. The floor plan looks OK, but right now I am totally distracted by the foundation. I think it needs to be wider all around and that you might want to go for a stone tile floor and a stone type wall covering on the skirts of the foundation.

Of course it needs planting - and that is where I do use cc Big Grin

I use HPs liberated flowers and khakidoo's shrubs (both on MTS) and Macarossi has some nice plants. I think that a slightly overgrown look on the garden will help to "blend" the foundation into the landscape.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#3 06-05-2012 
I have to agree with everything Lee said about the foundation, however, I would also push the stairs back into the foundation. I don't think you need my advice on landscaping, judging on your previous lots. I could also see this lot being used for a home business.

The only thing I don't like is the greenhouse roof (wish it was recolourable), it looks out of place.

Quick question, will the Sims use the angled fireplace in the upstairs bedroom?

If you need a tester let me know. Smile

#4 06-05-2012 
Thanks Lee and Michelle, Big Grin

Foundation: I'll try it wider etc. I'll try the stairs thing.

Greenhouse roof: was trying to be clever and create a 'link' corridor between the two buildings, so could put a conventional roof on it.

Angled fireplaces: I have no idea whether they work yet, but they look nice. If they don't work I'll put something in the text to say that they're just for show. I used Buggy's deco panels around some of them to simulate walls.

planting: I love macarossi's plants and buggy's too. Thought I might try a simple knot garden too.

I've increased the size of the whole lot now so more room for a tudor garden.

Might try and add another wing to the main house too, it's a bit cramped upstairs for bedrooms.

#5 06-05-2012 
I think sims would be able to use that fireplace. I have a very vague memory of using one like that on a diagonal once and it worked. It wasn't one of the 2-tile fireplaces.

I've had all kinds of issues here. First, all that white is hard for me to see (no offense, in fact I'm squinting right now as I type); then while trying to type a reply, thisiswhatwashappening. Couldn't put any spaces in! Clicking on one of the pics wasn't bringing up the full pic. That part I can probably blame on a fish- don't know what was up with the spacebar, lol.

Now that I've seen it all- you really think the upstairs is cramped? Since I have no idea what size bedrooms were/are common with this type of house, maybe it is. I tend to do small bedrooms, less to decorate. Smile You don't want it all to be too big though.

That garden would be awesome. That's my favorite part of building a lot. I'll probably have more to say when you've done the changes you want to do.

#6 06-05-2012 
mustluvcatz;12228 Wrote:Couldn't put any spaces in! Clicking on one of the pics wasn't bringing up the full pic. That part I can probably blame on a fish- don't know what was up with the spacebar, lol.

press F5. I have been moving the css about - so the cache needs to refresh.

On the white - do you mean the white on the house or the site colour scheme? Leefish can be a bit blinding.....

#7 06-05-2012 
Is there a problem with my images not showing up properly? Or is the 'white' you're referring to the outside paint? I had problems uploading the images last night, but thought it was because my pc was playing up. The paint on the outside is the off-white version and I've added those angled panels (the same as the front image) all around now the window areas now so that it breaks it up a bit.

The 2 small bedrooms are very tiny, I usually like them a little bigger than that so I can put a toy box or something in too.

Off out soon to celebrate my son's 16th birthday so might be able to work on it later tonight. Can't believe my baby is now 16!

#8 06-05-2012 
16 OMG Big Grin

Have a lovely time, and say happy birthday to your son from me.

#9 06-05-2012 
Karen- white in general. So it's not your lot. Smile Also, black/dark blue/darker greens/pretty much any dark color- can't really tell them apart. (My kids think it's funny- sometimes I'll have one black sock on and one blue/brown/dark grey.. nice way to let mom walk out the door!)
Breaking up the white was a good idea though. I can picture it.

Lee- there's your answer about the colors. MTS kills my eyes! 'Nuf about my eyes.. more house pics are needed!

Happy 16th, young Mr. Karen's son! I'd leave cake out but "someone" might eat it. *eyes a certain fish*

#10 06-05-2012 
Maybe you are colour blind, it's uncommon in females but it can occur.

My son is Jonathan, thank you both. We have cake, chocolate! Saving it for tomorrow when some of the family will be here. And it's ok, I'm guarding it.

I'll do some more pics later Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option