Tudor Manor
#21 10-05-2012 
Thanks Kiri. I've found a stone fence that blends in, it doesn't match completely.

Here is an update on the garden, it's not finished yet, I need to use a lower hedge on the knot garden. I've taken my inspiration for the formal garden from the Hampton Court Palace garden. The areas by the side of the knot garden are going to be continuations of the formal garden. I'm also planning on putting some seating in as well. The area walled off on the left of the house is for a kitchen garden.

I'm also toying with putting a second story over the kitchen area. What do you think?
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#22 10-05-2012 
Oh WOW! that looks fantastic, as much as I love your knot garden there's a slight problem, unless you use a fake hedge the Sims can't get in to trim it. Maybe you could change it to a maze.

#23 10-05-2012 
That's what I was thinking- make it a maze. That's something I've done before and it works out rather well.

'Course-there is perfect gardens. But not everyone has that or wants it.

#24 11-05-2012 
Hmm, I think - that the knot garden is a great idea, but it is not really going well with the rest of the layout. It isn't really in scale. What you probably need is a fence/flowerbed edger disguised as a very small hedge. I do not know if such a thing exists.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#25 11-05-2012 
I've had a search for something smaller, Lee, but not found anything. I do remember seeing a hedge disguised as a fence but can't remember where, possibly TSR, but I don't go there anymore. Might just change it into a maze as suggested or leave it out completely. Just about to crank up and play, so there might be some more pics later.

#26 11-05-2012 
Nengi's TS3 to TS2 conversion - tall and short shrubbery fences.

#27 11-05-2012 
Yea, that short one looks EXACTLY what is needed.

#28 11-05-2012 
Thanks MLC Smile

#29 11-05-2012 
I come in handy sometimes, don't I?

* mustluvcatz has a mind like a steel trap

....whether or not I can get anything back out of that trap is another story...

#30 11-05-2012 
MLC POUNCES on WCIF posts like a kitten pounces on string.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

Sorry, that is a members only option