sims2 #1
In the unmodded game, sims will bottle-feed babies as soon as the baby's hunger level falls below 50 on a scale of -100..100. Some people think this is way too often, especially considering that one bottle contains at least twice as much 'food' as that. And especially in poor households, 5 or 6 bottles a day at §3/bottle may be a bit steep, too!

So RebaLynn1960 suggested that we lower the threshold to something like -20. I looked at the data and code for bottle-feeding, and found that this was easy to do. In fact, considering how easy it actually is, I'm surprised something like this didn't already exist! So here it is!

This mod does NOT affect breast-feeding, but it *will* play nice with my BO - Feed Baby mod, lowering the number of times bottle-feeding of a baby will occur in case breast-feeding isn't available for that baby.

Since this mod affects a system that has been around since Basegame, it should be fine for all games. And if any other mod conflicts with this (I don't see how, since nobody else seems to have done something similar before), then load my mod last, and everything will be fine.

Credits: Thanks go to RebaLynn1960 for suggesting this to me.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Less Feed Baby Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 270 bytes | File Name BO - Less Feed Baby.zip | # of Downloads 1,857  

Comments
#2 23-05-2012
Thanks BO, this looks really useful, off to download now Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option